Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > PDF scrolling problem - XP.

PDF scrolling problem - XP.

ian field

While viewing some e-books, sometimes I have to click the "+" button on the
pdf toolbar when the print is too small to read. When the page is zoomed so
there is a scroll bar along the bottom edge, scrolling down with the wheel
mouse also causes the page to creep to the left as well.

The mouse is a Logitech non-wireless optical wheel mouse. The problem does
not occur on my other machine which has an older MOBO and a cheap & nasty
wireless mouse - the 2 machines are at different locations so it isn't easy
to swap parts over.

Anyone know what might be causing the problem?

TIA.

chuckcar

"ian field" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:OUGLk.217984$(E-Mail Removed)2:

> While viewing some e-books, sometimes I have to click the "+" button on
> the pdf toolbar when the print is too small to read. When the page is
> zoomed so there is a scroll bar along the bottom edge, scrolling down
> with the wheel mouse also causes the page to creep to the left as well.
>
> The mouse is a Logitech non-wireless optical wheel mouse. The problem
> does not occur on my other machine which has an older MOBO and a cheap &
> nasty wireless mouse - the 2 machines are at different locations so it
> isn't easy to swap parts over.
>
> Anyone know what might be causing the problem?

take your hand *completely off the mouse and turn the wheel. If you don't
get the problem anymore, you were moving the mouse.

--
(setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

ian field

"chuckcar" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> "ian field" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:OUGLk.217984$(E-Mail Removed)2:
>
>> While viewing some e-books, sometimes I have to click the "+" button on
>> the pdf toolbar when the print is too small to read. When the page is
>> zoomed so there is a scroll bar along the bottom edge, scrolling down
>> with the wheel mouse also causes the page to creep to the left as well.
>>
>> The mouse is a Logitech non-wireless optical wheel mouse. The problem
>> does not occur on my other machine which has an older MOBO and a cheap &
>> nasty wireless mouse - the 2 machines are at different locations so it
>> isn't easy to swap parts over.
>>
>> Anyone know what might be causing the problem?
>>

> take your hand *completely off the mouse and turn the wheel. If you don't
> get the problem anymore, you were moving the mouse.

Already tried that - in any case I already said I don't have the problem
with my other machine.

chuckcar

"ian field" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:Y7MLk.68070$(E-Mail Removed)2:

> "chuckcar" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> "ian field" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>> news:OUGLk.217984$(E-Mail Removed)2:
>>
>>> While viewing some e-books, sometimes I have to click the "+" button
>>> on the pdf toolbar when the print is too small to read. When the page
>>> is zoomed so there is a scroll bar along the bottom edge, scrolling
>>> down with the wheel mouse also causes the page to creep to the left as
>>> well.
>>>
>>> The mouse is a Logitech non-wireless optical wheel mouse. The problem
>>> does not occur on my other machine which has an older MOBO and a cheap
>>> & nasty wireless mouse - the 2 machines are at different locations so
>>> it isn't easy to swap parts over.
>>>
>>> Anyone know what might be causing the problem?
>>>

>> take your hand *completely off the mouse and turn the wheel. If you
>> don't get the problem anymore, you were moving the mouse.

> Already tried that - in any case I already said I don't have the problem
> with my other machine.

How would that matter? It's the most likely cause. You *did* make sure the
mouse wasn't moving at *all* right? How much did the mouse cost you? You can't
clean an optical mouse, so *it* must be faulty. Replace it.

--

> "ian field" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:Y7MLk.68070$(E-Mail Removed)2:
>

>> "chuckcar" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> "ian field" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>>> news:OUGLk.217984$(E-Mail Removed)2:

>>> take your hand *completely off the mouse and turn the wheel. If you
>>> don't get the problem anymore, you were moving the mouse.

>> Already tried that - in any case I already said I don't have the problem
>> with my other machine.
>>

> How would that matter? It's the most likely cause. You *did* make sure the
> mouse wasn't moving at *all* right? How much did the mouse cost you? You
> can't
> clean an optical mouse, so *it* must be faulty. Replace it.

Wake me up when you've got a clue what you're talking about.

moving the mouse has no effect on scrolling a zoomed PDF unless the scroll
wheel is clicked down. The unaffected machine, the scroll wheel has to be
held down - the cursor changes to 4 arrows at 90 degrees, the problem
machine - clicking the scroll wheel toggles a scroll symbol cursor on/off.

Evan Platt

On Thu, 23 Oct 2008 14:24:55 +0100, "ian field"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Wake me up when you've got a clue what you're talking about.

Uh oh. Be careful, chuck-o will killfile you if you keep proving his
stupidity.

ian field

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Thu, 23 Oct 2008 14:24:55 +0100, "ian field"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>Wake me up when you've got a clue what you're talking about.

> Uh oh. Be careful, chuck-o will killfile you if you keep proving his
> stupidity.

Is Chuck really Richard posting under a fake name?

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

ian field wrote:

> "Evan Platt" wrote:
>> "ian field" wrote:
>>> Wake me up when you've got a clue what you're talking about.

>> Uh oh. Be careful, chuck-o will killfile you if you keep proving his
>> stupidity.

> Is Chuck really Richard posting under a fake name?

You probably meant "richard" (with a lowercase "r") who is RtS, or
Richard the St00pid, and currently posting from newsguy.com

He and chucktar are two different people.

--
-bts

Evan Platt

On Thu, 23 Oct 2008 15:39:57 +0100, "ian field"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Is Chuck really Richard posting under a fake name?

Wouldn't surprise me. (I'm assuming you mean RtS and not "Richard" who
also posts here.

ian field

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Thu, 23 Oct 2008 15:39:57 +0100, "ian field"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>Is Chuck really Richard posting under a fake name?

> Wouldn't surprise me. (I'm assuming you mean RtS and not "Richard" who
> also posts here.
> --

richard - with a small "r".