Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Changing wpa key

Changing wpa key

Rupert

I have a Netgear wireless router modem with wpa enabled. To change wpa key I
assume I log into the router and change the key in the appropriate section.
Having changed key how does the new key get assigned to each wireless laptop
and other wired devices ?

Mike Bernstein

You don't need to change a key on the wired devices, WPA encryption is only
relevant to the wireless connections. On those, you will have to change the
WPA key on each of the connecting wireless devices individually.

Mike Bernstein

"Rupert" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have a Netgear wireless router modem with wpa enabled. To change wpa key
>I assume I log into the router and change the key in the appropriate
>section.
> Having changed key how does the new key get assigned to each wireless
> laptop and other wired devices ?

Don

Excellent -thanks for the advice

news:%(E-Mail Removed)...