Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > How to execute a makefile from LINUX system.

How to execute a makefile from LINUX system.

gaurav kashyap

Hi all,
I am using Link-41b parser in my program.
The windows version of it has an .exe file that can be executed using
os.system command
On Linux version,I have a makefile.

so my question is:
How to run the makefile using some python function.

Thanks

Chris Rebert

On Mon, Oct 20, 2008 at 10:32 PM, gaurav kashyap
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hi all,
> I am using Link-41b parser in my program.
> The windows version of it has an .exe file that can be executed using
> os.system command
> On Linux version,I have a makefile.
>
> so my question is:
> How to run the makefile using some python function.

Use the 'subprocess' module
(http://docs.python.org/library/subpr...ule-subprocess) to
run the 'make' command in the same working directory as the Makefile
with the appropriate target as an option.

Cheers,
Chris
--
Follow the path of the Iguana...
http://rebertia.com

> Thanks

gaurav kashyap

Thanks

Makefile Linux Barry C Programming 24 09-06-2012 11:58 AM
how to make linux makefile work in visual c++? chenqy2004@gmail.com C Programming 4 06-03-2005 01:44 AM
Can i execute aspx file in my asp pag with server.execute method(sorry) Savas Ates ASP General 1 08-17-2004 04:52 PM

Advertisments