Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Web Farm & Context.User

Web Farm & Context.User

Umeshnath

Hi,
My application is running with two web server let say W1 & W2 and load
balance controls the request to web servers .

One of my application page pop up a new page and there I am using
Context.User prpoerty to get current user informtaion and convert into my
customer class which lot of customer information .
This works fine in Developement environment and when it moves to production
some times the customer class is not getting initialised due to Context.User
returns null (hope so no way to debug now )

We try to put as sticky server option also but it is failing

I really appreciate solution for this.

Thanks & Regards
Umeshnath

Robert Dunlop

"Umeshnath" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
> My application is running with two web server let say W1 & W2 and load
> balance controls the request to web servers .
>
> One of my application page pop up a new page and there I am using
> Context.User prpoerty to get current user informtaion and convert into my
> customer class which lot of customer information .
> This works fine in Developement environment and when it moves to
> production
> some times the customer class is not getting initialised due to
> Context.User
> returns null (hope so no way to debug now )
>
> We try to put as sticky server option also but it is failing

What session state mode are you using?

If you haven't configured it, the default state session mode is InProc,
which stores session state in memory on the web server. If the request for
your pop-up page gets processed by a different server in the cluster, the
second server would not recognize the client session previously established
on the first server. Changing the session state mode to StateServer or
SQLServer could solve this problem.

--
Robert Dunlop

Umeshnath

Hi,
Sorry to mention we are maintaining sessions in SQL server