Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > need MIBs for hits per VIP

Reply
Thread Tools

need MIBs for hits per VIP

 
 
sunjay@nm.ru
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-20-2008
I am doing an snmpwalk of an address that has a cisco system. My task
is to see how many hits each virtual ip (vip) is getting. So far i
haven't had much luck trying to figure that out. Any suggestions?

All help is greatly appreciated!
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
alexd
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-21-2008
On Mon, 20 Oct 2008 12:52:04 -0700, sunjay wrote:

> I am doing an snmpwalk of an address that has a cisco system. My task is
> to see how many hits each virtual ip (vip) is getting. So far i haven't
> had much luck trying to figure that out. Any suggestions?
>
> All help is greatly appreciated!


What is a hit, exactly? What is 'a cisco system'? Switch? Router?
Firewall? The Cisco MIBS would be a good place to start, but I fear that
you're going to struggle if you don't use the exact terminology that
Cisco do.

--
<http://ale.cx/> (AIM:troffasky) ((E-Mail Removed))
20:33:07 up 6 days, 24 min, 2 users, load average: 0.03, 0.14, 0.14
They call me titless because I have no tits
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
sunjay@nm.ru
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-22-2008
On Oct 21, 3:35*pm, alexd <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Mon, 20 Oct 2008 12:52:04 -0700, sunjay wrote:
> > I am doing an snmpwalk of an address that has a cisco system. My task is
> > to see how many hits each virtual ip (vip) is getting. So far i haven't
> > had much luck trying to figure that out. Any suggestions?

>
> > All help is greatly appreciated!

>
> What is a hit, exactly? What is 'a cisco system'? Switch? Router?
> Firewall? The Cisco MIBS would be a good place to start, but I fear that
> you're going to struggle if you don't use the exact terminology that
> Cisco do.
>
> --
> *<http://ale.cx/> (AIM:troffasky) ((E-Mail Removed))
> *20:33:07 up 6 days, 24 min, *2 users, *load average: 0.03, 0.14, 0..14
> *They call me titless because I have no tits


Thank you Alex. Cisco replied that "unfortunately we do not have an
OID that will provide you the statistics per VIP".
 
Reply With Quote
 
alexd
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-22-2008
On Wed, 22 Oct 2008 07:59:40 -0700, sunjay wrote:

> Thank you Alex. Cisco replied that "unfortunately we do not have an OID
> that will provide you the statistics per VIP".


If you can tell us what you mean by 'hit', and what platform it's on,
someone might be able to help you further.

--
<http://ale.cx/> (AIM:troffasky) ((E-Mail Removed))
18:44:06 up 6 days, 22:35, 1 user, load average: 0.01, 0.04, 0.02
They call me titless because I have no tits
 
Reply With Quote
 
sunjay@nm.ru
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-22-2008
On Oct 22, 1:45*pm, alexd <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Wed, 22 Oct 2008 07:59:40 -0700, sunjay wrote:
> > Thank you Alex. Cisco replied that "unfortunately we do not have an OID
> > that will provide you the statistics per VIP".

>
> If you can tell us what you mean by 'hit', and what platform it's on,
> someone might be able to help you further.
>
> --
> *<http://ale.cx/> (AIM:troffasky) ((E-Mail Removed))
> *18:44:06 up 6 days, 22:35, *1 user, *load average: 0.01, 0.04, 0.02
> *They call me titless because I have no tits


By hit in this context ppl usually mean the number of times a vip was
tried to be reached from outside. I dont know much about the platform
since i am a developer, and the sysadmin is a very busy guy, but im
fairly certain it is a linux box.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Number of hits divided by "robot hits" Dos-Man HTML 5 03-04-2004 07:56 AM
mibs for reading host mac addresses 2950 G.W. Smethurst Cisco 1 02-12-2004 04:43 PM
GETIF and Cisco MIBS P Cisco 1 10-25-2003 11:18 PM
VIP-3-AFOVERFLOW: VIP address filter table full Arjan Cisco 0 07-22-2003 03:54 PM
Compiling Cisco Catalyst MIBs Yura Cisco 0 07-10-2003 09:15 AM



Advertisments