Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Multiple user access to single email inbox

Multiple user access to single email inbox

sjmills93

I managed to network our office Windows XP desktop computer with our new
Windows Vista notebook computer so that we can share files and access emails.
Our problem I'm trying to solve is that although we can see the emails in the
inbox from both machines, we cannot view the history of action taken by one
user on one computer by someone on the other computer.

For example: if someone were on the desktop opening and answering emails,
another person on the notebook only sees the total list of incoming emails as
if they were not opened and responded to - how do we correct this? It is
important for our staff to be able to tell which emails have already been
handled and which need handling.

I'm not a computer technician, just an average computer user. Please advise.
Thanks.

Gregory A. Beamer \(Cowboy\) - MVP

This depends partially on the mail server. With exchange, you can store all
emails, sent items, etc. If you have exchange, talk to your admin. I doubt
you do, as most admins set it up this way.

With an ISP type set up, or some other mail servers, you can set up the
client (outlook, outlook express, etc.) to download the messages but leave a
copy. Realize you will overflow your box eventually, however, if you do
this.

--
Gregory A. Beamer
MVP, MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

Subscribe to my blog

or just read it:

| Think outside the box! |
"sjmills93" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I managed to network our office Windows XP desktop computer with our new
> Windows Vista notebook computer so that we can share files and access
> emails.
> Our problem I'm trying to solve is that although we can see the emails in
> the
> inbox from both machines, we cannot view the history of action taken by
> one
> user on one computer by someone on the other computer.
>
> For example: if someone were on the desktop opening and answering emails,
> another person on the notebook only sees the total list of incoming emails
> as
> if they were not opened and responded to - how do we correct this? It is
> important for our staff to be able to tell which emails have already been
> handled and which need handling.
>
> I'm not a computer technician, just an average computer user. Please
> advise.
> Thanks.

sjmills93

Thanks Gregory - I'll contact the ISP provider today and talk to them about
the setup of the email box setup.
Susan