Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > VHDL > Multiplication

Multiplication

sridar sridar is offline
Member

Dear folks,

I am using the following code for multiplication, but it doesn't infer any logical resources in Xilinx FPGA. I am using ISE 9.2. Output c is grounded.

entity multiplication is

Generic (L:integer:=3);
Port ( a,b : in integer;
c : out integer);

end multiplication;

architecture Behavioral of multiplication is

constant mult : integer:=(2**(L-1));

begin

c <= a*mult;

end Behavioral;

i want to use L as generic. so please guide me to sort this out.

thnx

jeppe jeppe is offline
Senior Member
Location: Denmark

Well - I'm not sure about the grounded output

If you want's full advantage of the constant multiplication must you consider the generic part.

The most informative information can be found at this great site:
http://tima-cmp.imag.fr/~guyot/Cours...lish/MulCS.htm

Jeppe

where can I find good samples for efficient computation of matrix multiplication? walala VHDL 2 03-24-2010 10:06 AM
Source of term "multiplication" in matrix multiplication William Hughes C Programming 13 03-15-2010 02:04 PM
Help to get a copy of A. D. Booth, "A signed binary multiplication technique," Weng Tianxiang VHDL 4 04-07-2005 04:10 PM
multiplication prob Nisheeth VHDL 1 03-31-2005 02:19 PM
DQPSK transmitter : complex multiplication Patrick VHDL 1 11-30-2004 02:00 PM

Advertisments