Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > acer aspire one exp sd card prob table again

acer aspire one exp sd card prob table again

berksposter

Table didnt post right in last post so trying again,

filesystem 1k blocks used avail
use% mounted on
/dev/sda1 6720248 3051328 3327544 48% /
none 252364 0 252364
0% /dev/shm
none 6720248 3051328 3327544 48%
/mnt/home
/dev/mmcblk0p1 7629608 148260 7093780 3%
/media/disk
/dev/mmcblk0p5 7416060 147756 6891584 3%
/media/disk-1

BP

berksposter

Still didnt post right!!

file system /dev/sda1
1k blocks 6720248
used 3051328
available 3327544
use% 48%
mounted on /

file system none
1k blocks 252364
used 0
available 252364
use% 0%
mounted on /dev/shm

file system none
1k blocks 6720248
used 3051328
available 3327544
use% 48%
mounted on /mnt/home

file system /dev/mmcblk0p1
1k blocks 7629608
used 148260
available 7093780
use% 3%
mounted on /media/disk

file system /dev/mmcblk0p5
1k blocks 7416060
used 147756
available 6891584
use% 3%
mounted on /media/disk-1

"berksposter" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%WHKk.125979$(E-Mail Removed)2...
> Table didnt post right in last post so trying again,
>
> filesystem 1k blocks used avail use%
> mounted on
> /dev/sda1 6720248 3051328 3327544 48% /
> none 252364 0 252364 0%
> /dev/shm
> none 6720248 3051328 3327544 48%
> /mnt/home
> /dev/mmcblk0p1 7629608 148260 7093780 3%
> /media/disk
> /dev/mmcblk0p5 7416060 147756 6891584 3%
> /media/disk-1
>
> BP

wisdomkiller & pain

berksposter wrote:

> Still didnt post right!!
>
> file system /dev/sda1
> 1k blocks 6720248
> used 3051328
> available 3327544
> use% 48%
> mounted on /
>
> file system none
> 1k blocks 252364
> used 0
> available 252364
> use% 0%
> mounted on /dev/shm
>
> file system none
> 1k blocks 6720248
> used 3051328
> available 3327544
> use% 48%
> mounted on /mnt/home
>
> file system /dev/mmcblk0p1
> 1k blocks 7629608
> used 148260
> available 7093780
> use% 3%
> mounted on /media/disk
>
> file system /dev/mmcblk0p5
> 1k blocks 7416060
> used 147756
> available 6891584
> use% 3%
> mounted on /media/disk-1

Well, this time it is sorted at least. But .... you posted to the wrong
damned newzfroup!
Btw. ... what about lsusb first (since most sd cards are attached to
usb-alike interfaces) and then "fdisk -l"?

berksposter

ok thanks, I dont know much about linux or terminal which is why I asked.

btw why is this the "wrong damned newzfroup" for my question?

BP

"wisdomkiller & pain" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
message news:(E-Mail Removed). ..

berksposter wrote:

> ok thanks, I dont know much about linux or terminal which is why I asked.

Seems you got one of the new netbooks with linux on it, merely by accident?

> btw why is this the "wrong damned newzfroup" for my question?

Depending upon the flavour of linux you are asking the question for, there
are dedicated newsgroups with knowledgeable people there.
However .... just to mention, "top posting" together with "full quoting" may
not get you much attention there. Even if OE places the cursor on top of a
message, that does not mean you have to type away and send - it is meant to
make you go through the text, add your comments as you read, and strip
parts you don't refer to.

Now, who told you to post your fstab to help solving the unnamed problem
with a sd card on a unnamed computer in a unnamed reader attached via
unnamed interface, with unnamed filesystem on it?
I must assume you already posted the question elsewhere but replied in the
wrong group, that's why I joked around a bit

berksposter

"wisdomkiller & pain" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Seems you got one of the new netbooks with linux on it, merely by
> accident?

What makes you think I got it by accident, I knew what I was buying, I'm not
worried about it having linux, I just dont know much about it but I'm
willing to learn "hands-on" which is why I asked a question.

I suppose you learnt everything you know now about xp/vista or whatever you
use, from a book before you ever touched a computer with xp/vista on it, and
have learned nothing since !! ??

> Depending upon the flavour of linux you are asking the question for, there
> are dedicated newsgroups with knowledgeable people there.

Where does it say "24hoursupport.helpdesk(windows only)" ???

> However .... just to mention, "top posting" together with "full quoting"
> may
> not get you much attention there. Even if OE places the cursor on top of a
> message, that does not mean you have to type away and send - it is meant
> make you go through the text, add your comments as you read, and strip
> parts you don't refer to.

With reference to top posting, I googled "24hoursupport.helpdesk charter"
and got this website:
http://24hrsupport.netfirms.com/aboutus.html , I dont know if it is the
official 24hour.....etc website, but if you read it, it says, "When you
reply, if you place the reply before the original post, there will be less
for these people to sift through to get to the answer." Which looks to me
like top posting!

> Now, who told you to post your fstab to help solving the unnamed problem
> with a sd card on a unnamed computer in a unnamed reader attached via
> unnamed interface, with unnamed filesystem on it?

Did you even bother to read my original post? If that doesnt give you "most"
of the information you need to know then you are pretty clueless!,

unnamed problem - read my post 19/10/08 13:13 !!!!

unnamed computer - see my post 19/10/08 13:13, the "subject" may give you
bit of a clue, let alone the message!

unnamed reader - read my post 19/10/08 13:13 !!!! -
it's a built in card reader !

unnamed interface - read my post 19/10/08 13:13 !!!! - it's a built in card
reader !

unnamed filesystem - read my post 19/10/08 13:13 !!!!

Thanks for being as much use as a chocolate teapot !!

BP

wisdomkiller & pain

berksposter wrote:

> "wisdomkiller & pain" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> Seems you got one of the new netbooks with linux on it, merely by
>> accident?

> What makes you think I got it by accident, I knew what I was buying, I'm
> not worried about it having linux, I just dont know much about it but I'm
> willing to learn "hands-on" which is why I asked a question.

Just joking, you know ...

> I suppose you learnt everything you know now about xp/vista or whatever
> you use, from a book before you ever touched a computer with xp/vista on
> it, and have learned nothing since !! ??

Uhm. Well, look at my posting headers, they will tell you I post using
linux.

>> Depending upon the flavour of linux you are asking the question for,
>> there are dedicated newsgroups with knowledgeable people there.

> Where does it say "24hoursupport.helpdesk(windows only)" ???

Well, when you read the "charta", you will see it isn't even a dedicated
computer newsgroup ...

>> However .... just to mention, "top posting" together with "full quoting"
>> may
>> not get you much attention there. Even if OE places the cursor on top of
>> a message, that does not mean you have to type away and send - it is
>> meant to
>> make you go through the text, add your comments as you read, and strip
>> parts you don't refer to.

> With reference to top posting, I googled "24hoursupport.helpdesk charter"
> and got this website:
> http://24hrsupport.netfirms.com/aboutus.html , I dont know if it is the
> official 24hour.....etc website, but if you read it, it says, "When you
> reply, if you place the reply before the original post, there will be less
> for these people to sift through to get to the answer." Which looks to me
> like top posting!

Because most of the posters here are beginners in usenet usage, some of them
just found the newsgroup "by accident"

>> Now, who told you to post your fstab to help solving the unnamed problem
>> with a sd card on a unnamed computer in a unnamed reader attached via
>> unnamed interface, with unnamed filesystem on it?

> Did you even bother to read my original post? If that doesnt give you
> "most" of the information you need to know then you are pretty clueless!,
>
> unnamed problem - read my post 19/10/08 13:13 !!!!

I did not bother. Because your first posting I found here in 24hr... is

That one begins with
Table didnt post right in last post so trying again,

filesystem 1k blocks used avail
use% mounted on
/dev/sda1 6720248 3051328 3327544 48% /
none 252364 0 252364

and I really don't know why the "original posting" didn't make it to my
(multiple) newsservers. There is no "Re:" or reference heade in that
forementioned posting, so for me it _is_ the original one.
You may have started another thread, maybe on some group I didn't subscribe
to, but again I don't see it here.
> Thanks for being as much use as a chocolate teapot !!

I was the only one answering to that "original post" ... most probably
because I was bored enough?