Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > DVD+RW

DVD+RW

RickMerrill

What is the most reliable mfg?

Do +RW require erasing or re-formatting before reuse?

Do +RW disks essentially self-finalize?

RickMerrill

UncleDave wrote:
> "RickMerrill" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:gda5q8$1k7$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> What is the most reliable mfg?
>>
>> Do +RW require erasing or re-formatting before reuse?

> You can record on it until it's full. If you want more, you have to erase
> what's there.
>> Do +RW disks essentially self-finalize?

> No. You do it when you're ready.

Thanks. I was double checking some misleading "rumors!"

xeaglecrest@att.net

RickMerrill wrote:

> What is the most reliable mfg?

> Do +RW require erasing or re-formatting before reuse?

They have to be formated the 1st time you use them.
You can either erase or re-format them after that.

> Do +RW disks essentially self-finalize?

They do not have to be finalized. However, some
standalone players will only play the first title,
rather that the whole disc. Finalizing creates
a menu and turns the disc into a standard one.

-Bill

RickMerrill

> RickMerrill wrote:
>
>> What is the most reliable mfg?

>> Do +RW require erasing or re-formatting before reuse?

> They have to be formated the 1st time you use them.
> You can either erase or re-format them after that.
>
>> Do +RW disks essentially self-finalize?

> They do not have to be finalized. However, some
> standalone players will only play the first title,
> rather that the whole disc. Finalizing creates
> a menu and turns the disc into a standard one.
>
> -Bill

Ah, this may explain why some PEG stations have
trouble with their automation controls
"playing" a DVD+RW and the whole disk fails to play.