Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Panel with vivible=false in source code / large source

Panel with vivible=false in source code / large source

Jens-Oliver Murer

Hello,

I have a problem with an ASP.Net-application which generates very
large source codes which have to be sent to the clients through 'thin'
lines.
The main problem seems to be a Datagrid which contains several hundred
rows (I'd split them, but our customer wants it this way). I already
disabled the ViewState and cut the source by nearly half.
I use two datagrids on the page, which can be displayed alternately by
setting the visible-parameter of the sourrounding panels of the grids.
I was under the impression that a setting to visible=false would
surpress a rendering of the invisible objects to the source code, as I
had to recognize this isn't the case. Even when the big grid is set to
invisible it is contained in the source-code even though not displayed
to or needed by the user.
Is there a option to surpress the output of invisible objects without
destroying and recreating the objects or re-writing the whole page to
split it up into two pages?

best regards

jens Murer

Jens-Oliver Murer

I'm using Panel.visible=false
If this internally only triggers a CSS-style I'd understand that the
panel remains in the source, but I thought it would be a server-side
parameter which wouldn't lead to a output in the source.
The visibility of the datagrids are changed on PageLoad when the
decision is made, which of the panels has to be shown.

Why is there no "Java Control Panel" for J2EE v5upd14 ? Reinstall Java Control Panel possible? Ulf Meinhardt Java 0 07-07-2009 08:38 AM
Swing, JTabbedPane/Panel/Panel JC Java 1 08-09-2006 09:44 PM
Delete a panel inside a panel (2) HS1 Java 4 12-08-2004 02:48 AM
Delete a panel inside a panel HS1 Java 3 12-07-2004 10:50 PM
Email From Forms with asp:panel.(s) Only one panel works? Harry ASP .Net 3 11-10-2003 03:13 AM

Advertisments