Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > How much Router do you need to have it act as an External NIC?

How much Router do you need to have it act as an External NIC?

TBerk

(If it can be done at all.)

I keep seeing ref to AP as in Access Point, but I think I'm talking
something else.

What I'm wondering about is a setup where a standalone system with a
built in 10/100baseT interface plugged into an external 80211g wireless
router which in turn connects to another wireless router which is in
turn on the Internet via a DSL Modem.

Computer(nic)--WifiRouter1 <--> WifiRouter2--Modem--Internet

This is different than having a computer on the Internet adn plugging a
wireless Router into it, allowing farther out wireless systems to
connect through that PC.

Instead it's using a combination 10/100bT-wifi router combo instead of a
wifi PCI NIC.

TBerk

Barb Bowman

what brands and models are the 2 routers? the key is can #1 act as
an "access point client"? or you could buy a wireless gaming
adapter.

--

Barb Bowman
MS-MVP