Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Re: virus removed desktop options - 2nd post

Re: virus removed desktop options - 2nd post

Drew

Try following the instructions at:

http://www.computing.net/answers/win...es/132440.html

Drew

"RR" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed). ..
>a virus has removed my desktop and screen saver tabs in display properties.
>how can I get them back?

Tony Sperling

Personally, I think this is a great link. Never heard of any Spyware/Virus
that did any such thing, but there you go, no time to not be surprised!

Tony. . .

"Drew" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Try following the instructions at:
>
> http://www.computing.net/answers/win...es/132440.html
>
> Drew
>
> "RR" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed). ..
>>a virus has removed my desktop and screen saver tabs in display
>>properties. how can I get them back?

Drew

> This is what I had to change...
>
> "If there is a DWoRD Value such "NoDispScrSavPage" with a data value of 1
> this will disable the screen saver tab. Change the value to 0 or delete it
> to see the tab again.
>
> "NoDispBackgroundPage and NoDispScrSavPage had to be set back to 0 and why
> it was changed I haven't a clue.

Like you said originally. Virus.

Drew