Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > how to reset telnet password with PDM only

how to reset telnet password with PDM only

barretech@hotmail.com

Hi all. I am working on a PIX with 6.3.5 .

I have been given the ENABLE password and therefore have the ability
to use PDM.

However, I would like to use either SSH or telnet to do my work. But I
do not have THAT password.

I do not know the existing telnet password and PDM won't let me reset
it. It keeps implying that I have to know the existing telnet
password.

Any way around this before I have to drive there and use my console
cable to do a password wipe? Thanks for any suggestions.

Bod43@hotmail.co.uk

On 16 Oct, 16:28, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> Hi all. I am working on a PIX with 6.3.5 .
>
> I have been given the ENABLE password and therefore have the ability
> to use PDM.
>
> However, I would like to use either SSH or telnet to do my work. But I
> do not have THAT password.
>
> I do not know the existing telnet password and PDM won't let me reset
> it. It keeps implying that I have to know the existing telnet
> password.
>
> Any way around this before I have to drive there and use my console
> cable to do a password wipe? *Thanks for any suggestions.

You can issue command line commands from the PDM.
Over on the right of the menu somewhere.

So you can do a sh run and decide
what you want to do and then do it.

To change the config I use the multi-line
command facility and do
conf t
xxxx yyyyy
end

Good luck.

barretech@hotmail.com

Great, thank you so much. It worked.

I obviously do not know how to accept a Cisco GUI as my friend

On Oct 16, 7:48*pm, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> On 16 Oct, 16:28, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>
> > Hi all. I am working on a PIX with 6.3.5 .

> > I have been given the ENABLE password and therefore have the ability
> > to use PDM.

> > However, I would like to use either SSH or telnet to do my work. But I
> > do not have THAT password.

> > I do not know the existing telnet password and PDM won't let me reset
> > it. It keeps implying that I have to know the existing telnet
> > password.

> > Any way around this before I have to drive there and use my console
> > cable to do a password wipe? *Thanks for any suggestions.

> You can issue command line commands from the PDM.
> Over on the right of the menu somewhere.
>
> So you can do a sh run and decide
> what you want to do and then do it.
>
> To *change the config I use the multi-line
> command facility and do
> conf t
> xxxx *yyyyy
> end
>
> Good luck.

Telnet - attempting to initiate a telnet session within an established telnet session Carcarius Ruby 0 12-06-2007 03:26 AM
reset telnet password SteveB Cisco 0 08-28-2007 09:18 PM
Automating a password reset via net-telnet Daniel Berger Ruby 1 07-10-2007 09:16 PM
CISCO 7XX / 761 password reset or reset to factory defaults Philipp Flesch Cisco 3 06-18-2006 07:47 PM

Advertisments