Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > 2 Questions

2 Questions

redwaters redwaters is offline
Junior Member

Hi all

I have two questions to ask

1. Using BGP multihop we can create neighborship with non-directly connected EBGP routers. But what are the benefits of delibarately designing a network like this.

2. When we trace an IP and there are many ISP's in between. We usually see only 1 hop for 1 ISP, even though there might be multiple routers in the path within an ISP.

Thanks, waiting for some explanations