Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re: My motherboard shorted out

Re: My motherboard shorted out

Tony

Hewlett Packard = ****
Throw the whole thing off a cliff and buy a real computer.

Sydney Gondomer wrote:

> Top of the day mates,
>
> I was told today by the Geek squad that my mother board had shorted
> out and since they didn't try and trace tiny things like that I would
> need a new mother board.
>
> She said if they bought it and installed it, it would cost me around
> $700.00
>
> She said if I found a cheaper one myself and let them put it in, it
> would cost me $70.00 that's much better.
>
> MKy question is do I have to get another Hewlett Packard Media center
> 873n motherboard, or can I purchase a newer and faster motherboard?
>
> The newest ones only seemed to cost about $400.00. So I think I would
> rather install a Dual quad processor or quad core, or whatever the
> latest and greatest is called instead of installing another five year
> old processor?
>
> How does that work?
>
> http://www.dealtime.com/xPF-Hewlett-...873n-P9875AABA
>
> 6,600 Obama/Palin supporters and growing

The Grandmaster of the CyberFROG

Come get your ticket to CyberFROG city

No, I just decided not to play your silly game is all. *Some* of us know proper
manners

realm of understandability

ian field

"Sydney Gondomer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Wed, 15 Oct 2008 08:26:49 -0400, Tony <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
>>Hewlett Packard = ****
>>Throw the whole thing off a cliff and buy a real computer.
>>

>>Sydney Gondomer wrote:
>>
>>> Top of the day mates,
>>>
>>> I was told today by the Geek squad that my mother board had shorted
>>> out and since they didn't try and trace tiny things like that I would
>>> need a new mother board.
>>>
>>> She said if they bought it and installed it, it would cost me around
>>> $700.00
>>>
>>> She said if I found a cheaper one myself and let them put it in, it
>>> would cost me $70.00 that's much better.
>>>
>>> MKy question is do I have to get another Hewlett Packard Media center
>>> 873n motherboard, or can I purchase a newer and faster motherboard?
>>>
>>> The newest ones only seemed to cost about $400.00. So I think I would
>>> rather install a Dual quad processor or quad core, or whatever the
>>> latest and greatest is called instead of installing another five year
>>> old processor?
>>>
>>> How does that work?
>>>
>>> http://www.dealtime.com/xPF-Hewlett-...873n-P9875AABA
>>>
>>> 6,600 Obama/Palin supporters and growing

> Which brand is a "Real Computer?

Any that doesn't use non-generic assemblies that you can only source from
one manufacturer.