Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Accessing vb of usercontrol within usercontrol

Accessing vb of usercontrol within usercontrol

protic protic is offline
Junior Member

Hi

Whilst I've found some possible responses on this same issue, the solutions either don't work or I don't understand them properly.

I have a form where there are usercontrols nested within usercontrols. When an event is fired at the form level, such as a PageIndex_Changing, I subsequently fire the corresponding PageIndex_Changing event in the subordinate usercontrol. However, I have had to extend one of the usercontrols with a further subordinate usercontrol as I have a situation where there are many subordinate records to the one superordinate one. The problem appears to be however, that the lowest level usercontrol is not being recognised, so

Code:
PanelMemberUserControl.PanelMemberFormView_PageIndexChanging(sender, e)
gets a blue squiggly line under "PanelMemberUserControl" and I get the error message "Name 'PanelMemberUserControl' is not declared." I have seen suggestions that the user control must be either declared, or I need to use FindControl to access it, but I've not managed to make either of these work.

Your help would be appreciated.

Thanks