Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Default browser

Default browser

D.Arlington

How do I make Mozilla FF3 my default browser? I see nowhere to make that
change.

Rom

On Wed, 15 Oct 2008 00:42:19 -0500, D.Arlington wrote:

> How do I make Mozilla FF3 my default browser? I see nowhere to make that
> change.

Try this first in Fx3:
Tools > Options > Advanced > General (tab), at the bottom under
"System Defaults" check "Always check to see if Firefox is the default
browser on startup", and click the "Check Now" button.

Or as you're using Vista try:
Start > Default Programs > Set your default programs, select Firefox
from the list on the left and on the bottom right select "Set this
program as default".

If having problems then try:
Start > Default Programs > Set program access and computer defaults,
select Custom and then Mozilla Firefox.

--
Rom

D.Arlington

"Rom" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:10juvi6wws58h$.5ls2e6a35ubc$(E-Mail Removed).. .
> On Wed, 15 Oct 2008 00:42:19 -0500, D.Arlington wrote:
>
>> How do I make Mozilla FF3 my default browser? I see nowhere to make that
>> change.

> Try this first in Fx3:
> Tools > Options > Advanced > General (tab), at the bottom under
> "System Defaults" check "Always check to see if Firefox is the default
> browser on startup", and click the "Check Now" button.

Thanks........ that got it. )

> Or as you're using Vista try:
> Start > Default Programs > Set your default programs, select Firefox
> from the list on the left and on the bottom right select "Set this
> program as default".
>
> If having problems then try:
> Start > Default Programs > Set program access and computer defaults,
> select Custom and then Mozilla Firefox.
>
> --
> Rom

John Doe