Velocity Reviews > General Computer Discussion > Software > Need Rebuild guideance on 3rd pc & tired of starting over

Need Rebuild guideance on 3rd pc & tired of starting over

SNOWY04 SNOWY04 is offline
Junior Member

My new PC has VISTA which I hate; before I retro to XP...is there a better option?

I am on my 3rd PC in 2 years and am beyond frustrated. I am tired of reloading everything; apps and files/pics.

Is there an operating system that I can start from scratch and build where when the hardware dies again that I can just take out the hard drive and move it one where I do not need to find all the programs and settings that I used to have to make it easier to get back to where I was?

I also do not like IE7 and all the pop ups, I would like my PC and stuff to be safe from hacks and viruses but do not have the patience and time to continually click yes to get by all the protection.

Appreciate any guideance before I go postal.

I am considering going back to the NON-PC age until someone can come up with something that is fast enough and stable enough to keep up with me.