Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Price List for MOM & POP when choosing between MySql/PHP and .NET

Price List for MOM & POP when choosing between MySql/PHP and .NET

nospam

DEAR MICROSOFT:

WOULD YOU PLEASE put up a web page showing the price list of EXPECTED COSTS
for MOM & POP when choosing between MySql/PHP and .NET.

FIRST:
Show INITIAL COSTS for like a 5-10 page web site that can take a few
orders...
INCLUDE THE ISP charges..developer, software...

**** Everything that MOM AND POP have to WRITE A CHECK FOR.****

NEXT:
Show the costs of PORTING from MS Access and Porting from MySql....

2ND:
Show the costs of STAYING with MySql/PHP to avoid the port WHILE having
SMALL GROWTH for MOM and POP

SEE what I am GETTING AT......SHOW THIS BILL TO MOM AND POP or even STARTUP
and then SEE WHY THEY choose PHP/MySql.....

Not every site is going to be an eBay....say if they just want to explore
their dream.......

It's not going to hurt you to make your stuff "AFFORDABLE" for them to chase
their dream......

(AFFORDABLE DOESN'T MEAN FREE)

Kieran Benton

Not the reject of society again! Get a life.

Kieran

"nospam" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%23$(E-Mail Removed)...
> DEAR MICROSOFT:
>
> WOULD YOU PLEASE put up a web page showing the price list of EXPECTED

COSTS
> for MOM & POP when choosing between MySql/PHP and .NET.
>
> FIRST:
> Show INITIAL COSTS for like a 5-10 page web site that can take a few
> orders...
> INCLUDE THE ISP charges..developer, software...
>
> ************************************************** *****************
> **** Everything that MOM AND POP have to WRITE A CHECK FOR.****
> ************************************************** *****************
>

> NEXT:
> Show the costs of PORTING from MS Access and Porting from MySql....
>
> 2ND:
> Show the costs of STAYING with MySql/PHP to avoid the port WHILE having
> SMALL GROWTH for MOM and POP
>

> SEE what I am GETTING AT......SHOW THIS BILL TO MOM AND POP or even

STARTUP
> and then SEE WHY THEY choose PHP/MySql.....
>

> Not every site is going to be an eBay....say if they just want to explore
> their dream.......
>
> It's not going to hurt you to make your stuff "AFFORDABLE" for them to

chase
> their dream......
>
> (AFFORDABLE DOESN'T MEAN FREE)

Herfried K. Wagner [MVP]

Hello,

"Kieran Benton" <(E-Mail Removed)> schrieb:
> Not the reject of society again! Get a life.

Don't feed the trolls.

--
Herfried K. Wagner
MVP VB Classic, VB.NET

Stu Smith

It is the school holidays, remember. Nothing else to do....

I have another theory. You Billy-Bob (aka "nospam") has a great idea for a
dotcom startup: the internet's leading supplier of cheese toasties ("I can
run it from my bedroom! I've got a Breville!"). He wants SQL Server
Enterprise edition though, as he's expecting volume sales, and for once in
his spoilt life Mom and Pop want to know what he needs $4000 for. Since they
won't lend it him, he's stamping his little foot and having a paddy here in
the forums.

Tee hee.

"Kieran Benton" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Not the reject of society again! Get a life.
>
> Kieran
>
> "nospam" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:%23$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > DEAR MICROSOFT:
> >
> > WOULD YOU PLEASE put up a web page showing the price list of EXPECTED

> COSTS
> > for MOM & POP when choosing between MySql/PHP and .NET.
> >
> > FIRST:
> > Show INITIAL COSTS for like a 5-10 page web site that can take a few
> > orders...
> > INCLUDE THE ISP charges..developer, software...
> >
> > ************************************************** *****************
> > **** Everything that MOM AND POP have to WRITE A CHECK FOR.****
> > ************************************************** *****************
> >

> > NEXT:
> > Show the costs of PORTING from MS Access and Porting from MySql....
> >
> > 2ND:
> > Show the costs of STAYING with MySql/PHP to avoid the port WHILE having
> > SMALL GROWTH for MOM and POP
> >

> > SEE what I am GETTING AT......SHOW THIS BILL TO MOM AND POP or even

> STARTUP
> > and then SEE WHY THEY choose PHP/MySql.....
> >

> > Not every site is going to be an eBay....say if they just want to

explore
> > their dream.......
> >
> > It's not going to hurt you to make your stuff "AFFORDABLE" for them to

> chase
> > their dream......
> >
> > (AFFORDABLE DOESN'T MEAN FREE)

nospam

DEAR LITTLE MVP's WHO HAVE A LOT TO LEARN........

VUNET.COM - McNealy slams IT industry overcharging
By Peter Williams Sun Network Conference, San Francisco [17-09-2003]
Sun chief warns against alienating customers with 'unacceptable' pricing

....UNSUSTAINABLE.......
The computer industry is overcharging customers to an unsustainable and
unacceptable extent, according to Sun Microsystems' chief executive Scott
McNealy (pictured).

CARS DON"T NEED SERVICE EVERY EACH WEEK
......McNealy compared IT with modern cars, which can now drive far further
distance before needing a service, and warned that IT complexity and support
costs needed to be squeezed out.
KEEP IT SIMPLE, STUPID MVP'S
He described this as the philosophy behind Sun's new initiatives. "Users
told us to be predictable, be simple," he said......

http://www.vnunet.com/News/1143671

http://news.zdnet.co.uk/hardware/0,3...9116406,00.htm

"The world has to be getting a little disappointed in our industry," McNealy
said on Tuesday, addressing attendees of the company's SunNetwork
conference. "We are overcharging in our industry by an order of magnitude,"
or by up to 10 times, he said. "That cost...is going to come out of our
industry in the next five to 10 years."

READ CLOSELY......."unsustainable"

"Herfried K. Wagner [MVP]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello,
>
> "Kieran Benton" <(E-Mail Removed)> schrieb:
> > Not the reject of society again! Get a life.

> Don't feed the trolls.
>
> --
> Herfried K. Wagner
> MVP VB Classic, VB.NET
> http://www.mvps.org/dotnet

nospam

DEAR LITTLE MVP's WHO HAVE A LOT TO LEARN........

VUNET.COM - McNealy slams IT industry overcharging
By Peter Williams Sun Network Conference, San Francisco [17-09-2003]
Sun chief warns against alienating customers with 'unacceptable' pricing

....UNSUSTAINABLE.......
The computer industry is overcharging customers to an unsustainable and
unacceptable extent, according to Sun Microsystems' chief executive Scott
McNealy (pictured).

CARS DON"T NEED SERVICE EVERY EACH WEEK
......McNealy compared IT with modern cars, which can now drive far further
distance before needing a service, and warned that IT complexity and support
costs needed to be squeezed out.
KEEP IT SIMPLE, STUPID MVP'S
He described this as the philosophy behind Sun's new initiatives. "Users
told us to be predictable, be simple," he said......

http://www.vnunet.com/News/1143671

http://news.zdnet.co.uk/hardware/0,3...9116406,00.htm

"The world has to be getting a little disappointed in our industry," McNealy
said on Tuesday, addressing attendees of the company's SunNetwork
conference. "We are overcharging in our industry by an order of magnitude,"
or by up to 10 times, he said. "That cost...is going to come out of our
industry in the next five to 10 years."

READ CLOSELY......."unsustainable"

"Stu Smith" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> It is the school holidays, remember. Nothing else to do....
>
> I have another theory. You Billy-Bob (aka "nospam") has a great idea for a
> dotcom startup: the internet's leading supplier of cheese toasties ("I can
> run it from my bedroom! I've got a Breville!"). He wants SQL Server
> Enterprise edition though, as he's expecting volume sales, and for once in
> his spoilt life Mom and Pop want to know what he needs $4000 for. Since

they
> won't lend it him, he's stamping his little foot and having a paddy here

in
> the forums.
>
> Tee hee.
>

> "Kieran Benton" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Not the reject of society again! Get a life.
> >
> > Kieran
> >
> > "nospam" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:%23$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > DEAR MICROSOFT:
> > >
> > > WOULD YOU PLEASE put up a web page showing the price list of EXPECTED

> > COSTS
> > > for MOM & POP when choosing between MySql/PHP and .NET.
> > >
> > > FIRST:
> > > Show INITIAL COSTS for like a 5-10 page web site that can take a few
> > > orders...
> > > INCLUDE THE ISP charges..developer, software...
> > >
> > > ************************************************** *****************
> > > **** Everything that MOM AND POP have to WRITE A CHECK FOR.****
> > > ************************************************** *****************
> > >

> > > NEXT:
> > > Show the costs of PORTING from MS Access and Porting from MySql....
> > >
> > > 2ND:
> > > Show the costs of STAYING with MySql/PHP to avoid the port WHILE

having
> > > SMALL GROWTH for MOM and POP
> > >

> > > SEE what I am GETTING AT......SHOW THIS BILL TO MOM AND POP or even

> > STARTUP
> > > and then SEE WHY THEY choose PHP/MySql.....
> > >

> > > Not every site is going to be an eBay....say if they just want to

> explore
> > > their dream.......
> > >
> > > It's not going to hurt you to make your stuff "AFFORDABLE" for them to

> > chase
> > > their dream......
> > >
> > > (AFFORDABLE DOESN'T MEAN FREE)

CJ Taylor

Was this really necessary three f***ing times?

> DEAR LITTLE MVP's WHO HAVE A LOT TO LEARN........

Little MVP - Contradiction in terms...

> VUNET.COM - McNealy slams IT industry overcharging
> By Peter Williams Sun Network Conference, San Francisco [17-09-2003]
> Sun chief warns against alienating customers with 'unacceptable' pricing

This coming from the company that has been known to charge several million
dollars for a single computer... Of course he talks about unacceptable
pricing.

> ...UNSUSTAINABLE.......
> The computer industry is overcharging customers to an unsustainable and
> unacceptable extent, according to Sun Microsystems' chief executive Scott
> McNealy (pictured).

It also sucks when your in a lawsuit with Microsoft over Java. Of course
he's ****ed, MS has more money.

> CARS DON"T NEED SERVICE EVERY EACH WEEK
> .....McNealy compared IT with modern cars, which can now drive far further
> distance before needing a service, and warned that IT complexity and

support
> costs needed to be squeezed out.

Once again coming from a company that charges for these support costs...

> KEEP IT SIMPLE, STUPID MVP'S

I don't beleive you just used the Acronym KISS. but added your own MVP.
Hate to break it to you troll, if it was simple, everyone would be in this
industry... and we all saw what happened because of that (ahem Redhat, VA
Linux, Inflated earnings, market crash).

> He described this as the philosophy behind Sun's new initiatives. "Users
> told us to be predictable, be simple," he said......

Have you met some of these Java developers?

So listen troll.. I'm really tired of hearing about mom and pop shops.
Software isn't just about making money (we ALL can attest to not making
nearly the amount we "should") but solving a problem.

Mom and pop shops as you call it don't need massive IT infrastructure,
because unless they are a superior specialtiy shop, people tend to come into
the store to buy, not on the internet. So right there, your wasting there
money for a concept that will never work. Software is about solving a
problem, not causing new ones. Business is far to competitive to throw away
money on bunk dotcom ideas.

You forgot to mention support costs from the developer. You think that once
its written its all over. Developer moves on to the next project and
everyone is happy in this life. In a pipe dream.

So scott thinks we are overcharging? Cmon now. At least when I purchase a
microsoft product, I know I have the support behind it. Yeah they have
their problems, but once again, I have the support. Lets see that come from
Sun, Redhat, Caldera, Suse, etc without charging an arm and a leg.

Troll on...

jackass...

> http://www.vnunet.com/News/1143671
>
> http://news.zdnet.co.uk/hardware/0,3...9116406,00.htm
>
> "The world has to be getting a little disappointed in our industry,"

McNealy
> said on Tuesday, addressing attendees of the company's SunNetwork
> conference. "We are overcharging in our industry by an order of

magnitude,"
> or by up to 10 times, he said. "That cost...is going to come out of our
> industry in the next five to 10 years."
>
> READ CLOSELY......."unsustainable"
>

> "Stu Smith" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > It is the school holidays, remember. Nothing else to do....
> >
> > I have another theory. You Billy-Bob (aka "nospam") has a great idea for

> > dotcom startup: the internet's leading supplier of cheese toasties ("I

can
> > run it from my bedroom! I've got a Breville!"). He wants SQL Server
> > Enterprise edition though, as he's expecting volume sales, and for once

in
> > his spoilt life Mom and Pop want to know what he needs $4000 for. Since

> they
> > won't lend it him, he's stamping his little foot and having a paddy here

> in
> > the forums.
> >
> > Tee hee.
> >

> > "Kieran Benton" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > Not the reject of society again! Get a life.
> > >
> > > Kieran
> > >
> > > "nospam" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > > news:%23$(E-Mail Removed)...

EXPECTED
> > > COSTS

> having

> > > STARTUP

> > explore

> > > chase

plentyspam

WRITE ON NOSPAM.

IT'S NOT JUST MOM AND POP!!

WHAT ABOUT MUM AND DAD ?
WHAT ABOUT MUTTI UND VATTI ??

WHAT ABOUT AMA ??? HAVE YOU GIVEN A THOUGHT FOR HER ????

WHAT ABOUT GREAT UNCLE HERBERT?? - HE''S GOT GREAT IDEAS BUT CAN HE GO AHEAD
WITH THEM?

NO. NONE OF THEM CAN.

LIFE'S NOT FAIR. LIFE SUCKS. SO DO CHILDREN WITH LOLLIPOPS BUT THAT'S A
DIGRESSION.

steve

please...i can't take anymore! he hasn't followed his old thread today. that
gives the rest of us new hope that his mouth/keyboard is becoming as numb as
his mind. i fear further provocation will lead to more emphatic dribble from
our beloved!

silence IS golden.

;^ )

"plentyspam" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> WRITE ON NOSPAM.
>
> IT'S NOT JUST MOM AND POP!!
>
> WHAT ABOUT MUM AND DAD ?
> WHAT ABOUT MUTTI UND VATTI ??
>
> WHAT ABOUT AMA ??? HAVE YOU GIVEN A THOUGHT FOR HER ????
>
> WHAT ABOUT GREAT UNCLE HERBERT?? - HE''S GOT GREAT IDEAS BUT CAN HE GO

AHEAD
> WITH THEM?
>
> NO. NONE OF THEM CAN.
>
> LIFE'S NOT FAIR. LIFE SUCKS. SO DO CHILDREN WITH LOLLIPOPS BUT THAT'S A
> DIGRESSION.

nospam

you should be the first to take your advice....

news:(E-Mail Removed)...