Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > Microsoft certification - What and where?

Microsoft certification - What and where?

MarkusG

Hi there!

I am considering getting Microsoft certified. This is after having worked
in Seattle for various companies in program management for many years. To
brush up some of my technical skills. Which are kind of rusty as I finished
university about 18 yrs ago (business, and CS major).

Q's:

1) My main interest is in user interaction, UI work, web sites/pages
(international, search, commerce functionality). Which certification would
fit this interest best, further qualify me?
2) Does anybody know of any learning centers in the Seattle area I could
use to get certified? Other than just doing this on my own, online/print.

Thanks.

Kline Sphere

>Which certification would
>fit this interest best, further qualify me?

none, and you would be stupid to think otherwise.

Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

MarkusG

Very helpful feedback, thanks. Glad that you can express your thoughts so
clearly.

"Kline Sphere" wrote:

> >Which certification would
> >fit this interest best, further qualify me?

> none, and you would be stupid to think otherwise.
>
> Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

Kline Sphere

Feel free to waste your time & money however the want. Personally I'd
rather be out having fun and enjoying life and wasting it on worthless
certs which mean slightly less than zippo.

On Wed, 15 Oct 2008 23:00:01 -0700, MarkusG
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Very helpful feedback, thanks. Glad that you can express your thoughts so
>clearly.
>
>"Kline Sphere" wrote:
>
>> >Which certification would
>> >fit this interest best, further qualify me?

>> none, and you would be stupid to think otherwise.
>>
>> Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

MarkusG

That's your point, but I don't necessarily agree on it. Plus I don't agree
on the tone you communicate your thoughts. If somebody asks politely what to
think about for MS certs I guess it would be considerate to answer politely.
Not sure what you do for living, but it might help in my field. And if you
have other suggestions (work related) to become more web dev/DB dev
proficient, would love to hear.

"Kline Sphere" wrote:

> Feel free to waste your time & money however the want. Personally I'd
> rather be out having fun and enjoying life and wasting it on worthless
> certs which mean slightly less than zippo.
>
> On Wed, 15 Oct 2008 23:00:01 -0700, MarkusG
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >Very helpful feedback, thanks. Glad that you can express your thoughts so
> >clearly.

> >> none, and you would be stupid to think otherwise.
> >>
> >> Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
> >>

> Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

Victor Asuquo

You should consider taking the Microsoft certifications in the developer
track, the optionn you should choose is MCAD ie Microsft Certified
Applications Developer and you should major in web applications having
experience in that area. Also, you should consider the MCTS certification in
Project 2007 since you have experience in those areas.

Cheers and Regards

"MarkusG" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi there!
>
> I am considering getting Microsoft certified. This is after having worked
> in Seattle for various companies in program management for many years. To
> brush up some of my technical skills. Which are kind of rusty as I
> finished
> university about 18 yrs ago (business, and CS major).
>
> Q's:
>
> 1) My main interest is in user interaction, UI work, web sites/pages
> (international, search, commerce functionality). Which certification
> would
> fit this interest best, further qualify me?
> 2) Does anybody know of any learning centers in the Seattle area I could
> use to get certified? Other than just doing this on my own, online/print.
>
> Thanks.

catwalker63

=?Utf-8?B?TWFya3VzRw==?= <(E-Mail Removed)> prattled
ceaselessly in news:(E-Mail Removed):

> That's your point, but I don't necessarily agree on it. Plus I don't
> agree on the tone you communicate your thoughts. If somebody asks
> politely what to think about for MS certs I guess it would be
> considerate to answer politely. Not sure what you do for living, but
> it might help in my field. And if you have other suggestions (work
> related) to become more web dev/DB dev proficient, would love to hear.

Oh lord, not the stuffed shirt brigade again. When are will they learn
that a politely asked, boring, uninspired question that's been asked and
answered six ways from Sunday, does not guarantee them a polite (or
relevant) answer. This is Usenet. We want to be entertained. There are
no rules, just riots.

--
Catwalker
MCNGP #43

CBIC

news:Xns9B3DACF4A2250catwalker63athotmail@207.46.2 48.16...
> =?Utf-8?B?TWFya3VzRw==?=

> Oh lord, not the stuffed shirt brigade again. When are will they learn
> that a politely asked, boring, uninspired question that's been asked and
> answered six ways from Sunday, does not guarantee them a polite (or
> relevant) answer. This is Usenet. We want to be entertained. There are
> no rules, just riots.

This is my vote for PotY

LarryWestMCSD

MCAD/MCSD is for Visual Studio 2003. Unless you have extensive experience on
that platform, I would recommend going the MCTS/MCPD route. There are
separate certifications for Visual Studio 2005 and Visual Studio 2008.
Good luck in whatever you do.
--
Larry J. West, MCSD, MCPD, MCITP, MCTS x8, MCSA, MOS x2, FLMI, ACS

"Victor Asuquo" wrote:

> You should consider taking the Microsoft certifications in the developer
> track, the optionn you should choose is MCAD ie Microsft Certified
> Applications Developer and you should major in web applications having
> experience in that area. Also, you should consider the MCTS certification in
> Project 2007 since you have experience in those areas.
>
> Cheers and Regards
>
> "MarkusG" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hi there!
> >
> > I am considering getting Microsoft certified. This is after having worked
> > in Seattle for various companies in program management for many years. To
> > brush up some of my technical skills. Which are kind of rusty as I
> > finished
> > university about 18 yrs ago (business, and CS major).
> >
> > Q's:
> >
> > 1) My main interest is in user interaction, UI work, web sites/pages
> > (international, search, commerce functionality). Which certification
> > would
> > fit this interest best, further qualify me?
> > 2) Does anybody know of any learning centers in the Seattle area I could
> > use to get certified? Other than just doing this on my own, online/print.
> >
> > Thanks.

Kline Sphere

>> Oh lord, not the stuffed shirt brigade again. When are will they learn
>> that a politely asked, boring, uninspired question that's been asked and
>> answered six ways from Sunday, does not guarantee them a polite (or
>> relevant) answer. This is Usenet. We want to be entertained. There are
>> no rules, just riots.
>>

>This is my vote for PotY

2ndeded

Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3