Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Re: TV and computer hookup?

Re: TV and computer hookup?

Ish Taylor

"Ritter197" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed). ..
> have a fried who is almost totally blind legally and we bought for him a
> 32 " Sharp #LC32D41U TV as a monitor with his 4200+ HP desktop running on
> Windows XP Professional with SP's installed.
>
> For some reason it gives him no image of Windows when turned on suddenly,
> after it worked fine for months.
>
> Does someone have a similar hookup and might be of help?
>
> The computer works fine, because I brought my normal monitor and windows
> displays fine.
>
> Also, on his Sharp he can access the various menus and they display fine,
> just not the windows destop or anything pertaining to windows.

Check the color quality setting. I have a tv set up as a monitor and if the
computer display "color quality" is set to 32 bit I get an image during post
and boot but not after windows starts. I set it to 16 bit and it works with
all resolutions. My tv has a vga input and if I select PC mode it works just
like a monitor.