Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Cannot display images

Cannot display images

egsdar

Yesterday everytime i hit on "view in browser.." it displays fine the images,
but today in the morning can't do it.
How can i solve this, tomorrow i have to do a presentation, so i really
appreciate your help.

George

Eat more.. So you get stronger and hit "view in browser" stronger.
I had the same problem when i was 5. I ate and ate and now i am 36 and no
problem with hitting "view in browser" Works from first time always...

George.

"egsdar" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Yesterday everytime i hit on "view in browser.." it displays fine the
> images,
> but today in the morning can't do it.
> How can i solve this, tomorrow i have to do a presentation, so i really
> appreciate your help.

egsdar

You made me laugh. I think you should be fat because you're eating so much.
But seriously i found out that the code that i implement from this web page
was the cause of it:

http://www.codeproject.com/KB/sessio...sionLogin.aspx

But the new question would be: How can I validate users with sessions or
what is the error with the code that is not allowing me to display the images?

"George" wrote:

> Eat more.. So you get stronger and hit "view in browser" stronger.
> I had the same problem when i was 5. I ate and ate and now i am 36 and no
> problem with hitting "view in browser" Works from first time always...
>

> George.
>

> "egsdar" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Yesterday everytime i hit on "view in browser.." it displays fine the
> > images,
> > but today in the morning can't do it.
> > How can i solve this, tomorrow i have to do a presentation, so i really
> > appreciate your help.

George

Well, I completely did not understand your problem in your first post so I
gave you a funny answer.
But since you've followed up

Here is my guess what is wrong with your code (at least what is wrong with
the code on this page
http://www.codeproject.com/KB/sessio...sionLogin.aspx

If you are not using IIS and using bult in WebServer in Visual Studio then
..NET handles everything. Even ouput of the images.
Hence this code
Sub Application_OnPostRequestHandlerExecute()
CheckLoggedIn()
End Sub

will run and redirect to ~/Login/Login.aspx even requests like
http://localhost:12323/my.gif
which is why you do not see images.

Sollution is easy. Add the check that request URL is .aspx

Sub Application_OnPostRequestHandlerExecute()
CheckLoggedIn()
End Sub

something like this.

Sub Application_OnPostRequestHandlerExecute()

if (HttpContext.Current.Request.Path.ToLower().Substr ing(sPath.Length - 5)
<> ".aspx")
return;
CheckLoggedIn()
End Sub