Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Can't install or uninstall McAfee

Can't install or uninstall McAfee

Richard

Can't install or uninstall McAfee even with McAfee's technician?

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Richard wrote:

> Can't install or uninstall McAfee even with McAfee's technician?

You asked this question three days ago. Please don't start new threads;
continue in the original.

What have you tried? Did you read the links given?
http://www.pchell.com/virus/uninstallmcafee.shtml

I agree with the info on that page, except for "The popular commercial
antivirus products like McAfee and Norton are ok, ..."

What did the technician do? Provide details.

--
-bts

John Holmes

Richard "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

> Can't install or uninstall McAfee even with McAfee's technician?

Format and re-install.

HTH

--
<snip>

Evan Platt

On Mon, 13 Oct 2008 08:50:19 -0400, "Beauregard T. Shagnasty"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>You asked this question three days ago. Please don't start new threads;
>continue in the original.

Remember Andy Petro? Idiot would create a thread every day asking the
same question over and over? Maybe these two are related.

From: "Richard" <(E-Mail Removed)>
Newsgroups: 24hoursupport.helpdesk
Subject: uninstalling McAfee
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2008 12:42:59 -0500

From: "Richard" <(E-Mail Removed)>
Newsgroups: 24hoursupport.helpdesk
Subject: Cant' delete a file under administror
Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2008 11:06:55 -0500

From: "Richard" <(E-Mail Removed)>
Newsgroups: 24hoursupport.helpdesk
Subject: Regedit would delete any program?
Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2008 11:25:49 -0500

From: "Richard" <(E-Mail Removed)>
Newsgroups: 24hoursupport.helpdesk
Subject: Can't install or uninstall McAfee
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2008 07:24:38 -0500

Richard

Thank you for that information, read the other posts

news(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Mon, 13 Oct 2008 08:50:19 -0400, "Beauregard T. Shagnasty"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>You asked this question three days ago. Please don't start new threads;
>>continue in the original.

> Remember Andy Petro? Idiot would create a thread every day asking the
> same question over and over? Maybe these two are related.
>
> From: "Richard" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> Newsgroups: 24hoursupport.helpdesk
> Subject: uninstalling McAfee
> Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2008 12:42:59 -0500
>
> From: "Richard" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> Newsgroups: 24hoursupport.helpdesk
> Subject: Cant' delete a file under administror
> Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2008 11:06:55 -0500
>
> From: "Richard" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> Newsgroups: 24hoursupport.helpdesk
> Subject: Regedit would delete any program?
> Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2008 11:25:49 -0500
>
> From: "Richard" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> Newsgroups: 24hoursupport.helpdesk
> Subject: Can't install or uninstall McAfee
> Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2008 07:24:38 -0500

Evan Platt

On Mon, 13 Oct 2008 10:11:37 -0500, "Richard" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Thank you for that information, read the other posts

And YOU go back and read the posts where people have replied to you.

sittingduck

Richard wrote:

> Thank you for that information, read the other posts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Top_posting#Top-posting

In the words of RFC 1855, the RFC Netiquette Guidelines, which comprise a
comprehensive set of voluntary netiquette conventions:

If you are sending a reply to a message or a posting be sure you
summarize the original at the top of the message, or include just enough text
of the original to give a context. This will make sure readers understand
when they start to read your response.

--
http://improve-usenet.org
No passion so effectually robs the mind of all its powers of acting and