Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Firefox not invoking Thunderbird for email

Firefox not invoking Thunderbird for email

Timo Salmi

Strike the question. It was a NoScript program bug, and the update has
been released. But since I already wrote the question, which now has
been resolved, I am posting the question that I posed. Just in case
someone else had the same dilemma. For the potentially less experienced,
please note how I describe the problem, the version information and what
I already first did to pinpoint the problem, before rushing to post.

------------- My original, intended message -----------------

Firefox 2.0.0.17 and Thunderbird 2.0.0.17

Consider the following kind of code on a page:

Clicking that on IE, Opera, and Firefox safe-mode all invoke Thunderbird
compose email. But Firefox with add-ons does not. I traced the problem
down to the NoScript update 1.8.2.4. When I turn NoScript off, the
feature mailto feature works as it used to and should.

The questions. Is this a NoScript bug or am I missing a setting of an
option switch that has changed since the previous NoScipt? If it is a
bug how do I scroll back to the previous NoScript version.

All the best, Timo

--
Prof. Timo Salmi (E-Mail Removed) ftp & http://garbo.uwasa.fi/
Home page: http://www.uwasa.fi/laskentatoimi/he...nta/salmitimo/