Velocity Reviews > General Discussion > The Lounge > VPN question

VPN question

Rakhi.Horace Rakhi.Horace is offline
Junior Member

I am new on these forums. Our IT group recently started allowing us to connect to the enterprise network via VPN. However, I am a little concerned about the security associated with it. Do you guys have any thoughts on it?

artyfawkes artyfawkes is offline
Junior Member

Hey there: I just saw your post. I am new on these forums as well. I believe VPN is already secure. We have a Cisco Systems with VPN client and it uses the same login as the PC.

Rakhi.Horace Rakhi.Horace is offline
Junior Member

I was actually looking for some secondary security solution like 2-factor authentication. Does your company have that implemented? If your VPN has same login as the computer that would present some serious security issues if somoen gained access to your computer.

Pritha.Ivan Pritha.Ivan is offline
Junior Member

I like to think of vpn as securing the system and 2-factor authentication as securing the people. Rakhi seems to be interested in layering a 2-factor solution on top of his (already secure) vpn to get his users to be a little more responsible.

[...]

Nitra.Ambrose Nitra.Ambrose is offline
Junior Member

One interesting device to leverage is your phone - Land Line or Cell Phone.

This can be turned into the security token, which is all-ready deployed, IT department love that.