Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > DHCP not working?

DHCP not working?

Paolo Mostallino

trying to connect 2 more laptops with xp installed wirelessly to the
internet and although the router has DHCP enabled and the computers have
automatic IP addressing enabled, I can't. They seem not to be able to renew
their IP address and have limited connectivity.
have reset the router many times to no avail. Even connecting them with the
wire this happened: router could detect them but not give an IP address and
showed they had a static address. Anyone can tell me what to look for now?
Thanx

Robert L. \(MS-MVP\)

Posting the result of ipconfig /all may help.

--
Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
http://www.ChicagoTech.net
"Paolo Mostallino" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:eNKALw%(E-Mail Removed)...
> trying to connect 2 more laptops with xp installed wirelessly to the
> internet and although the router has DHCP enabled and the computers have
> automatic IP addressing enabled, I can't. They seem not to be able to
> renew their IP address and have limited connectivity.
> have reset the router many times to no avail. Even connecting them with
> the wire this happened: router could detect them but not give an IP
> address and showed they had a static address. Anyone can tell me what to
> look for now? Thanx

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Hi
Check Manually both the Wire and Wireless TCP/IP configuration and make sure
that it is set to Auto Obtain.
In the Control Panel Right Click the connection choose properties
http://www.ezlan.net/wireless/wzc1.jpg
Check the TCP/IP configuration in each connection.
http://www.ezlan.net/example/tcp-ip.jpg
Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)