Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Available Wireless Networks

Available Wireless Networks

Ulflej

I have a new Elonex Webbook. At startup there was no problem to connect to my
wireless router. After installing Norton Internet Security 2009 my own
network is not seen in the list of available network (I can see over 20 of my
neighbours). I have another laptop beside which works fine and my network has
a strengh of 100%. I have compared all the settings and made them alike. I
have also disabled NIS without any progress. I have disabled the Symantec
Network Security Intermediate Filter Driver without any result. Are there any
settings in XP or NIS which filter the list of avaliable networks?
--
Ulflej

Robert L. \(MS-MVP\)

For troubleshooting, try to start the computer with clean boot.
Windows general
How to run Windows OS with a clean boot · How to Run Windows Safe Mode
with Networking · How to setup DHCP for IP Phone How to sort programs in
Start ...
http://www.howtonetworking.com/Windo...owsgeneral.htm

--
Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
http://www.ChicagoTech.net
http://www.HowToNetworking.com
"Ulflej" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have a new Elonex Webbook. At startup there was no problem to connect to
>my
> wireless router. After installing Norton Internet Security 2009 my own
> network is not seen in the list of available network (I can see over 20 of
> my
> neighbours). I have another laptop beside which works fine and my network
> has
> a strengh of 100%. I have compared all the settings and made them alike.
> have also disabled NIS without any progress. I have disabled the Symantec
> Network Security Intermediate Filter Driver without any result. Are there
> any
> settings in XP or NIS which filter the list of avaliable networks?
> --
> Ulflej

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Hi
Just disabling Norton does not take it out of the system.
Make sure that nothing relates to it does not start at boot, and its
services are disabled.
Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)