Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Wireless connected Balloon tip

Wireless connected Balloon tip

Big_Al

I'm running a Dell Inspiron 6000, XP MCE 2005, SP3, and wireless. The
balloon tip keeps popping up saying 'connected'. Oh maybe every 10-30
minutes or so. I sorta thought I had a lousy connection to the
router or too many people in the area and it was just doing its thing
(thankfully) and re-connecting. This has been a long term issue. Not
even sure if April's virgin load was better or if it popped up somewhere
along the line after that and while doing updates (sp3 etc), I think its
been here forever. Anyway it just popped up a few seconds ago and I
opened the connection and it says status connected but for 19+ minutes.
So I take it that I did not 're-connect' but its just being contrary
and occasionally letting me know its working.... But I'd like it
not to remind me, is this possible? However I want my cake and eat it
too, when the connection is not made for some reason, let me know the
down side.
Oh, the check box for 'Notify me when this connection has limited or...'
is unchecked.

smlunatick

On Oct 10, 5:54*pm, Big_Al <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I'm running a Dell Inspiron 6000, XP MCE 2005, SP3, and wireless. * The
> balloon tip keeps popping up saying 'connected'. * Oh maybe every 10-30
> minutes or so. * * I sorta thought I had a lousy connection to the
> router or too many people in the area and it was just doing its thing
> (thankfully) and re-connecting. * This has been a long term issue. *Not
> even sure if April's virgin load was better or if it popped up somewhere
> along the line after that and while doing updates (sp3 etc), I think its
> been here forever. * Anyway it just popped up a few seconds ago and I
> opened the connection and it says status connected but for 19+ minutes.
> * *So I take it that I did not 're-connect' but its just being contrary
> and occasionally letting me know its working.... * But I'd like it
> not to remind me, is this possible? *However I want my cake and eat it
> too, when the connection is not made for some reason, let me know the
> down side.
> Oh, the check box for 'Notify me when this connection has limited or...'
> is unchecked.

I would check within any anti-viurs / firewall settings. I was
"plagued" with this in earily May and it was my security software that
was the cause. However, with my systsme crash in June, I have since
solved my problem