Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > has server name changed?

has server name changed?

Lawrence D'Oliveiro

In message <gd76ih$irf$(E-Mail Removed)>, Geopelia wrote:

>> --
>>
>> Erik.

Just a note, Geo, your newsreader isn't correctly recognizing the signature
delimiter (dash-dash-space) and automatically omitting the part of the
posting from that point on, as it's supposed to.

Erik Vastmasd

On Thu, 16 Oct 2008 23:55:04 +1300,when reading "nz.comp", I'm certain I
caught a glimpse of ""Geopelia" <(E-Mail Removed)>" saying:

>"Erik Vastmasd" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> On Thu, 16 Oct 2008 00:15:54 +1300,when reading "nz.comp", I'm certain I
>> caught a glimpse of ""Geopelia" <(E-Mail Removed)>" saying:
>>
>> <heaps snipped>
>>
>>>I've got a special pair of glasses from my optometrist just for the
>>>computer. The lenses have some sort of coating.

>> Their lenses might have a coating too but your optometrist has supplied
>> glasses with which you can read a computer screen, say at a distance of
>> about 2 feet, or in metric about an arms length.
>>
>> I've had them for years and they still feel like magic to me.
>>
>> One day give them a try reading newspapers, magazines etc.
>>

>They are no good for reading, I can see the words but they make my eyes
>ache, I have bifocals for distance and reading.

Those lenses are supposed to help not hindrance so maybe check with your
optometrist?
--

Erik.

Erik Vastmasd

On Fri, 17 Oct 2008 14:17:46 +1300,when reading "nz.comp", I'm certain I
caught a glimpse of "Lawrence D'Oliveiro
<(E-Mail Removed)_zealand>" saying:

>In message <gd76ih$irf$(E-Mail Removed)>, Geopelia wrote:
>
>>> --
>>>
>>> Erik.

>Just a note, Geo, your newsreader isn't correctly recognizing the signature
>delimiter (dash-dash-space) and automatically omitting the part of the
>posting from that point on, as it's supposed to.

Geopelia was using Outhouse Express so it was to be expected.

Though it seems that "KNode/0.10.9" doesn't recognise the delimiter
either. <gd&r>
--

Erik.

Lawrence D'Oliveiro

In message <(E-Mail Removed)>, Erik Vastmasd wrote:

> Though it seems that "KNode/0.10.9" doesn't recognise the delimiter
> either.

It most certainly does.

Geopelia

news:gd8p3q$sn6$(E-Mail Removed)...
> In message <gd76ih$irf$(E-Mail Removed)>, Geopelia wrote:
>
>>> --
>>>
>>> Erik.

> Just a note, Geo, your newsreader isn't correctly recognizing the
> signature
> delimiter (dash-dash-space) and automatically omitting the part of the
> posting from that point on, as it's supposed to.

I don't understand that. What is a signature delimiter please?

Do you mean I'm leaving out the things people put in after their names, and
what the post is posted from?
I remove that to save space.

Or do you mean where I snip a piece and say (snip)?

Geopelia

Geopelia

"Erik Vastmasd" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Thu, 16 Oct 2008 23:55:04 +1300,when reading "nz.comp", I'm certain I
> caught a glimpse of ""Geopelia" <(E-Mail Removed)>" saying:
>

>>"Erik Vastmasd" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> On Thu, 16 Oct 2008 00:15:54 +1300,when reading "nz.comp", I'm certain I
>>> caught a glimpse of ""Geopelia" <(E-Mail Removed)>" saying:
>>>
>>> <heaps snipped>

>>> Their lenses might have a coating too but your optometrist has supplied
>>> glasses with which you can read a computer screen, say at a distance of
>>> about 2 feet, or in metric about an arms length.
>>>
>>> I've had them for years and they still feel like magic to me.
>>>
>>> One day give them a try reading newspapers, magazines etc.
>>>

>>They are no good for reading, I can see the words but they make my eyes
>>ache, I have bifocals for distance and reading.

> Those lenses are supposed to help not hindrance so maybe check with your
> optometrist?
> --
>
> Erik.

They are meant for the computer, not for reading print.