Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > WMP11 64-bit for XP x64

WMP11 64-bit for XP x64

Carlos

Windows XP x64 so far included only WMP11 32-bit.
Vista x64 has both WMP11 32 and 64 bit.
The wait is over.
Here is WMP11 64-bit for XP x64.

Carlos

Charlie Russel - MVP

That's nice, but a bit of "too little, too late" for most of us, I think.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/blogs/xperts64

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Windows XP x64 so far included only WMP11 32-bit.
> Vista x64 has both WMP11 32 and 64 bit.
> The wait is over.
> Here is WMP11 64-bit for XP x64.
>
> Carlos

Carlos

Yes, for most of us it is rather late but I think Tony is still on XP x64.

Carlos

"Charlie Russel - MVP" wrote:

> That's nice, but a bit of "too little, too late" for most of us, I think.
>
> --
> Charlie.
> http://msmvps.com/blogs/xperts64

> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Windows XP x64 so far included only WMP11 32-bit.
> > Vista x64 has both WMP11 32 and 64 bit.
> > The wait is over.
> > Here is WMP11 64-bit for XP x64.
> > http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...DisplayLang=en
> >
> > Carlos

Tony Sperling

Oh, yes! Quite right, but not using 'THAT' MP, though. Maybe I should, but I
keep thinking that just as I get acustomed to using one version of IE or MP
they make a new one that is inevitably filled with stupid extras.

To make up for all that, I managed to locate a source of Pisco right here in
Copenhagen. They wanted to peddle a Machu Pisco, but I settled for a Capel
which was only half the price! (the global finances taken into account. . .)
I fixed me up a 'sour' but not being used to juggle measures like Oz's and
teaspoons I probably made it too sour - not all that bad, really, I can
vividly imagine me incorporating it into my general supply, but I definitely
must experiment with the ingredients. Perhaps I'll try Orangejuice to set a
kind of reference frame for myself?

Have a nice W-E everybody!

Tony. . .

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Yes, for most of us it is rather late but I think Tony is still on XP x64.
>
> Carlos
>
> "Charlie Russel - MVP" wrote:
>
>> That's nice, but a bit of "too little, too late" for most of us, I think.
>>
>> --
>> Charlie.
>> http://msmvps.com/blogs/xperts64

>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > Windows XP x64 so far included only WMP11 32-bit.
>> > Vista x64 has both WMP11 32 and 64 bit.
>> > The wait is over.
>> > Here is WMP11 64-bit for XP x64.
>> > http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...DisplayLang=en
>> >
>> > Carlos

Carlos

Tony,
As a matter of fact the brand "Capel" also manufactures the Pisco Sour.
I mean, it is already mixed/made, no need to experiment with mixes, you have
only got to pour it into your favorite glass.
Another good Pisco Sour brand is the chilean "Campanario" ("Bell tower").
Cost in Argentina for both Pisco Sours is around 10 dollars.
Carlos

"Tony Sperling" wrote:

> Oh, yes! Quite right, but not using 'THAT' MP, though. Maybe I should, but I
> keep thinking that just as I get acustomed to using one version of IE or MP
> they make a new one that is inevitably filled with stupid extras.
>
> To make up for all that, I managed to locate a source of Pisco right here in
> Copenhagen. They wanted to peddle a Machu Pisco, but I settled for a Capel
> which was only half the price! (the global finances taken into account. . .)
> I fixed me up a 'sour' but not being used to juggle measures like Oz's and
> teaspoons I probably made it too sour - not all that bad, really, I can
> vividly imagine me incorporating it into my general supply, but I definitely
> must experiment with the ingredients. Perhaps I'll try Orangejuice to set a
> kind of reference frame for myself?
>
> Have a nice W-E everybody!
>

> Tony. . .

> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Yes, for most of us it is rather late but I think Tony is still on XP x64.
> >
> > Carlos
> >
> > "Charlie Russel - MVP" wrote:
> >
> >> That's nice, but a bit of "too little, too late" for most of us, I think.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Charlie.
> >> http://msmvps.com/blogs/xperts64
> >>
> >> "Carlos" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

Tony Sperling

How convenient! I'm afraid the two were the only ones they had, but I shall
certainly inform them. That should take care of any references.

I am also very much afraid that they will not be able to match that price -
I paid around $35, and that is pretty fair seing that the Machu would've
cost around $65 in the present currency. And this makes me wonder if I could
ever taste the 30 bucks worth of difference

My experiments, however, turned out pretty good. Using, what is probably
called 'common sense', (or Hipshooting?) I managed to come up with
something, being significantly more than just 'agreeable':

3 - 4 cl of Pisco with a pinch of sugar and a squirt of lemon came out very
well indeed.

I am for ever indepted to you Carlos - now I can put the Gin's and the
Ouzo's way back in the dark (for my brother and all the females). I really
only ever drink Coffe and Whisky, but the occasional alternative (which is
Cognac) has now got some decent competition. (Not that they could ever
substitute each other, of course!)

Tony. . .

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Tony,
> As a matter of fact the brand "Capel" also manufactures the Pisco Sour.
> I mean, it is already mixed/made, no need to experiment with mixes, you
> have
> only got to pour it into your favorite glass.
> Another good Pisco Sour brand is the chilean "Campanario" ("Bell tower").
> Cost in Argentina for both Pisco Sours is around 10 dollars.
> Carlos
>
> "Tony Sperling" wrote:
>
>> Oh, yes! Quite right, but not using 'THAT' MP, though. Maybe I should,
>> but I
>> keep thinking that just as I get acustomed to using one version of IE or
>> MP
>> they make a new one that is inevitably filled with stupid extras.
>>
>> To make up for all that, I managed to locate a source of Pisco right here
>> in
>> Copenhagen. They wanted to peddle a Machu Pisco, but I settled for a
>> Capel
>> which was only half the price! (the global finances taken into account. .
>> .)
>> I fixed me up a 'sour' but not being used to juggle measures like Oz's
>> and
>> teaspoons I probably made it too sour - not all that bad, really, I can
>> vividly imagine me incorporating it into my general supply, but I
>> definitely
>> must experiment with the ingredients. Perhaps I'll try Orangejuice to set
>> kind of reference frame for myself?
>>
>> Have a nice W-E everybody!
>>

>> Tony. . .

>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > Yes, for most of us it is rather late but I think Tony is still on XP
>> > x64.
>> >
>> > Carlos

Carlos

Tony,
A little of Pisco Sour history lesson here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pisco_Sour
and the final recipe!!!
http://www.drinksmixer.com/drink5931.html
3 parts pisco brandy
1 1/2 parts lemon juice
1 - 2 tbsp sugar

or the more complicated:
2 oz pisco brandy
1 oz lime juice
1/4 oz simple syrup
1/2 egg white
1 dash Angostura® bitters

Carlos
"Tony Sperling" wrote:

> How convenient! I'm afraid the two were the only ones they had, but I shall
> certainly inform them. That should take care of any references.
>
> I am also very much afraid that they will not be able to match that price -
> I paid around $35, and that is pretty fair seing that the Machu would've
> cost around $65 in the present currency. And this makes me wonder if I could
> ever taste the 30 bucks worth of difference
>
> My experiments, however, turned out pretty good. Using, what is probably
> called 'common sense', (or Hipshooting?) I managed to come up with
> something, being significantly more than just 'agreeable':
>
> 3 - 4 cl of Pisco with a pinch of sugar and a squirt of lemon came out very
> well indeed.
>
> I am for ever indepted to you Carlos - now I can put the Gin's and the
> Ouzo's way back in the dark (for my brother and all the females). I really
> only ever drink Coffe and Whisky, but the occasional alternative (which is
> Cognac) has now got some decent competition. (Not that they could ever
> substitute each other, of course!)
>

> Tony. . .

> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Tony,
> > As a matter of fact the brand "Capel" also manufactures the Pisco Sour.
> > I mean, it is already mixed/made, no need to experiment with mixes, you
> > have
> > only got to pour it into your favorite glass.
> > Another good Pisco Sour brand is the chilean "Campanario" ("Bell tower").
> > Cost in Argentina for both Pisco Sours is around 10 dollars.
> > Carlos
> >
> > "Tony Sperling" wrote:
> >
> >> Oh, yes! Quite right, but not using 'THAT' MP, though. Maybe I should,
> >> but I
> >> keep thinking that just as I get acustomed to using one version of IE or
> >> MP
> >> they make a new one that is inevitably filled with stupid extras.
> >>
> >> To make up for all that, I managed to locate a source of Pisco right here
> >> in
> >> Copenhagen. They wanted to peddle a Machu Pisco, but I settled for a
> >> Capel
> >> which was only half the price! (the global finances taken into account. .
> >> .)
> >> I fixed me up a 'sour' but not being used to juggle measures like Oz's
> >> and
> >> teaspoons I probably made it too sour - not all that bad, really, I can
> >> vividly imagine me incorporating it into my general supply, but I
> >> definitely
> >> must experiment with the ingredients. Perhaps I'll try Orangejuice to set
> >> kind of reference frame for myself?
> >>
> >> Have a nice W-E everybody!
> >>

> >> Tony. . .
> >>

> >> "Carlos" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

Tony Sperling

Great!

Thank you, these links are saved, now I can never forget!

Tony. . .(slurp, gargle)

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Tony,
> A little of Pisco Sour history lesson here:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pisco_Sour
> and the final recipe!!!
> http://www.drinksmixer.com/drink5931.html
> 3 parts pisco brandy
> 1 1/2 parts lemon juice
> 1 - 2 tbsp sugar
>
> or the more complicated:
> 2 oz pisco brandy
> 1 oz lime juice
> 1/4 oz simple syrup
> 1/2 egg white
> 1 dash Angostura« bitters
>

> Carlos
> "Tony Sperling" wrote:
>
>> How convenient! I'm afraid the two were the only ones they had, but I
>> shall
>> certainly inform them. That should take care of any references.
>>
>> I am also very much afraid that they will not be able to match that
>> price -
>> I paid around $35, and that is pretty fair seing that the Machu would've
>> cost around $65 in the present currency. And this makes me wonder if I
>> could
>> ever taste the 30 bucks worth of difference
>>
>> My experiments, however, turned out pretty good. Using, what is probably
>> called 'common sense', (or Hipshooting?) I managed to come up with
>> something, being significantly more than just 'agreeable':
>>
>> 3 - 4 cl of Pisco with a pinch of sugar and a squirt of lemon came out
>> very
>> well indeed.
>>
>> I am for ever indepted to you Carlos - now I can put the Gin's and the
>> Ouzo's way back in the dark (for my brother and all the females). I
>> really
>> only ever drink Coffe and Whisky, but the occasional alternative (which
>> is
>> Cognac) has now got some decent competition. (Not that they could ever
>> substitute each other, of course!)
>>

>> Tony. . .

>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > Tony,
>> > As a matter of fact the brand "Capel" also manufactures the Pisco Sour.
>> > I mean, it is already mixed/made, no need to experiment with mixes, you
>> > have
>> > only got to pour it into your favorite glass.
>> > Another good Pisco Sour brand is the chilean "Campanario" ("Bell
>> > tower").
>> > Cost in Argentina for both Pisco Sours is around 10 dollars.
>> > Carlos

janman_dk

Hmm it might be dated 10/8/2008 but I downloaded a version 14 months ago when
I re-installed my XP64. The file names are the exact same, but this new
version is 10 KB ligther

Maybe it is an updated installation?!

Cheers
Jan (the other dane)