Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Portable midi communication with external midi instruments?

Portable midi communication with external midi instruments?

Asbjørn Bjørnstad

Hi,
I've searched around a bit, but haven't found an answer to this.
I've got a couple of instruments that I'd like to plug into my
computer and record the midi input.
The Java Sound api doesn't detect my external midi instruments, even
if I can use them from other programs on my computer, Jfugue uses the
java sound api.
Jmusic uses Midishare for external midi connections, which is one
option. But I've got OS X and XP (and Linux), and I'd really like to
be able to just use java/jar libraries.

Is it possible?
--
-asbjxrn