Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > EndRequest Event is not handled

EndRequest Event is not handled

Sherif ElMetainy

Hello

I want to handle the System.Web.HttpApplication.EndRequest event

i use the following code
System.Web.HttpContext.Current.ApplicationInstance .EndRequest += new
EventHandler(EndRequestHandler);
by EndRequestHandler method is never called.

I tried to make look around with ildasm for when the method that fires
EndRequest, but I got completely lost. MSDN documentation says the
CompleteRequest method causes EndRequest to be called, but I looked at its
IL code, it only sets a field _requestCompleted to true.

The Global.asax.cs method Application_EndRequest is getting called without a
problem. I debuged the application to see what method calls
Application_EndRequest, I looked at the call stack, but to my surprise,
there is only Application_EndRequest in the call stack, and below it is
<non-user code>. I also checked the cs compilation source for Global.asax
in the Temp ASP.NET files folder, still not clue.

I need to know wh is my EndReqeustHandler not being called, and how does the
process work? How is the Application_EndRequest is wired to the page event
chain.

Thanks a lot for reading and help

Best Regards

Sherif