Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Any way to remove dead and stuck pixels from LCD?

Any way to remove dead and stuck pixels from LCD?

void.no.spam.com@gmail.com

Is there any way to remove dead and stuck pixels on a camera LCD?

Mine's got a black one, a green one, and one that is a different color
depending on the angle you look at it.

Martin Sahula

> Is there any way to remove dead and stuck pixels on a camera LCD?
>
> Mine's got a black one, a green one, and one that is a different color
> depending on the angle you look at it.

I am afraid this is a hardware failure, so unless you plan to replace
the LCD panel itself, you have to live with it.

However, please recheck the warranty conditions of the camera vendor,
maybe you might give it a try and claim a guarantee repair (usually OK
for i.e. computer LCDs).

Nervous Nick

On Oct 9, 12:00*am, "(E-Mail Removed)"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Is there any way to remove dead and stuck pixels on a camera LCD?
>
> Mine's got a black one, a green one, and one that is a different color
> depending on the angle you look at it.

There is indeed a way to remove these stuck and dead pixels.
Unfortunately it involves using unimaginably small forceps and almost
superhuman hand-eye coordination, not to mention a very steady hand.
Moreover, AFAIK, nobody is manufacturing individual replacement
pixels.

Then again, you could try shaking the camera vigorously, and maybe
bang on it a couple of times.

Seriously, though: As Martin notes, if the camera is not under
warranty, you are most likely SOL unless you want to go and replace
the whole LCD. Of course, it never hurts to contact the manufacturer
and try to squeeze some sympathy from them. Hey, it could happen!

I have to ask, though: Is a couple of dead pixels really that much of
a distraction, or merely an annoyance? It's not like they are
duplicated in your shots, is it?

--
YOP...

ray

On Wed, 08 Oct 2008 22:00:31 -0700, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> Is there any way to remove dead and stuck pixels on a camera LCD?
>
> Mine's got a black one, a green one, and one that is a different color
> depending on the angle you look at it.

How about a 3/8" drill?

Allodoxaphobia

On 10 Oct 2008 02:18:33 GMT, ray wrote:
> On Wed, 08 Oct 2008 22:00:31 -0700, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>
>> Is there any way to remove dead and stuck pixels on a camera LCD?
>>
>> Mine's got a black one, a green one, and one that is a different color
>> depending on the angle you look at it.

> How about a 3/8" drill?

Overkill.

I suggest a paperpunch and black, plastic electrical tape.

Stormin Mormon

Acetylene torch and burn it out?

--
Christopher A. Young