Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Linux use stagnates again

Linux use stagnates again

Chris Wilkinson

Hi there,

Will Spencer wrote:
> "Linux use growing"
>
> How many decades have they been saying that now? I guess the growth rate
> must be 0.00000001% or some ****. Lol.

Instead of guessing why don't you cite some reference to backup your
baseless and puerile allegation?

Until you do that I'll regard you as nothing more than a braindead
bullet-in-the-head ****tard, who like your cousin impossible is
simply not interested in knowing the truth of the matter, and only
interested in trolling to satisfy the agenda of ****wits like that
piece of human-trash at Microsoft NZ, Chris Liddell.

Linux is a freedom from ****wits like you, who would have all the
computing world wrapped up in a lovely little controlled parcel
with a Microsoft badge on the front. I have exercised my right to
choose, by using openSUSE. Lying, smearing, trolling pieces of
human trash like you are only interested in forcing people like
me to "conform" to Microsofts alleged "standards". I refuse to
conform to a path not of my own choosing, so **** off.

Kind regards,

Chris Wilkinson, Edinburgh.

Chris Wilkinson

Hi there,

Allistar wrote:
> impossible wrote:
>
>> "Allistar" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news(E-Mail Removed) ...

>>> Flattering to me? I couldn't care less what OS's people use - I'm
>>> pro-choice.
>>>

>> Then why does the evidence about what people actually choose bother you so
>> much?

> It doesn't. Not one single bit. What bothers me is people outright lying
> when they say that the tools that I use - that I make a living off - are
> not suited for normal everyday use. Here's a fact: they are perfectly
> suited for everyday use for me, and also for others.

>>> I don't see how you come to that conclusion.

>> What is it that you doubt? That Linux desktop boxes are primarily used for
>> browsing? That Windows desktop boxes spend a proportionately much greater
>> time doing other productive work for which their desktop applications were
>> designed?

> I'm calling you on your assertion that "after all, browing is the main thing
> that Linux desktop boxes are used for". How do you come to that conclusion?

Its a baseless assertion, and evidence he/she/it has never really
tried to do anything with Linux before. Might I also remind he/she/it
that browsing would be a much more limited experience for *everyone*
if suddenly all the Linux/*nix-based Apache servers vanished into
thin air.

I can't speak for you Allistar, but for me I'm doing 3D model/render
work, paid transcription work (with Express Scribe), graphics work,
music recording/composition work, balancing the books with OpenOffice,
testing opensource CAD software, playing a few games, and oh...I
do some browsing and retorting to ****sticks like Will Spencer and
impossible in my spare time.

Gee, "browsing" seems to envelope so many individual activities, if
dick-wad/impossible is to be believed...

Kind regards,

Chris Wilkinson, Edinburgh.

impossible

"Chris Wilkinson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:BO%Hk.24470$(E-Mail Removed)2...
> Hi there,
>
> Will Spencer wrote:
>> "Linux use growing"
>>
>> How many decades have they been saying that now? I guess the growth rate
>> must be 0.00000001% or some ****. Lol.

> Instead of guessing why don't you cite some reference to backup your
> baseless and puerile allegation?

See the OP:

http://www.w3counter.com/globalstats.php

Oh, but wait...Can you please launch one of your famous rants of yours
punctuated with juvenile expressions like "****tard" and "****wit"? It's
really hilarious when you make such a fool of yourself.

> Until you do that I'll regard you as nothing more than a braindead
> bullet-in-the-head ****tard, who like your cousin impossible is
> simply not interested in knowing the truth of the matter, and only
> interested in trolling to satisfy the agenda of ****wits like that
> piece of human-trash at Microsoft NZ, Chris Liddell.
>
> Linux is a freedom from ****wits like you, who would have all the
> computing world wrapped up in a lovely little controlled parcel
> with a Microsoft badge on the front. I have exercised my right to
> choose, by using openSUSE. Lying, smearing, trolling pieces of
> human trash like you are only interested in forcing people like
> me to "conform" to Microsofts alleged "standards". I refuse to
> conform to a path not of my own choosing, so **** off.

Thanks, Chris. Thatw as way cool!

Chris Wilkinson

Hi there,

impossible wrote:
> "Chris Wilkinson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:BO%Hk.24470$(E-Mail Removed)2...
>> Hi there,
>>
>> Will Spencer wrote:
>>> "Linux use growing"
>>>
>>> How many decades have they been saying that now? I guess the growth rate
>>> must be 0.00000001% or some ****. Lol.

>> Instead of guessing why don't you cite some reference to backup your
>> baseless and puerile allegation?

> See the OP:
>
> http://www.w3counter.com/globalstats.php

http://bits.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/0...-sales-growth/

The latest w3counter stat shows 1.99% Linux. Based on the fact that
computer hardware sales are still growing how can 1.99% of a continual
growth equal "0.00000001% or some ****"? Factor in that a sizeable %
of those mini-laptops responsible for increased computer sales overall
are actually Linux based, and yourself and your deluded cousin Will
are looking ever more like the habitual trolling liars you really are.

I have probably contributed to the IE6 statistic, by setting the browser
ID to MS IE 6 in Konqueror, so that I can access the odd site that says
it "require's" IE - funny, that those sites work fine with Konqueror.
It would also be possible for Microsoft to skew the OS stats by setting
the default reported OS in IE7 to "Vista", regardless of which OS its
installed on. w3counter is contentious at best AFAIC.

> Oh, but wait...Can you please launch one of your famous rants of yours
> punctuated with juvenile expressions like "****tard" and "****wit"? It's
> really hilarious when you make such a fool of yourself.
>
>> Until you do that I'll regard you as nothing more than a braindead
>> bullet-in-the-head ****tard, who like your cousin impossible is
>> simply not interested in knowing the truth of the matter, and only
>> interested in trolling to satisfy the agenda of ****wits like that
>> piece of human-trash at Microsoft NZ, Chris Liddell.
>>
>> Linux is a freedom from ****wits like you, who would have all the
>> computing world wrapped up in a lovely little controlled parcel
>> with a Microsoft badge on the front. I have exercised my right to
>> choose, by using openSUSE. Lying, smearing, trolling pieces of
>> human trash like you are only interested in forcing people like
>> me to "conform" to Microsofts alleged "standards". I refuse to
>> conform to a path not of my own choosing, so **** off.

> Thanks, Chris. Thatw as way cool!

Kind regards,

Chris Wilkinson, Edinburgh.

impossible

"Chris Wilkinson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Iu4Ik.22661$(E-Mail Removed)2...
> Hi there,
>
> impossible wrote:
>> "Chris Wilkinson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:BO%Hk.24470$(E-Mail Removed)2...
>>> Hi there,

>>> Instead of guessing why don't you cite some reference to backup your
>>> baseless and puerile allegation?

>> See the OP:
>>
>> http://www.w3counter.com/globalstats.php

> http://bits.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/0...-sales-growth/
>
> The latest w3counter stat shows 1.99% Linux. Based on the fact that
> computer hardware sales are still growing how can 1.99% of a continual
> growth equal "0.00000001% or some ****"? Factor in that a sizeable %
> of those mini-laptops responsible for increased computer sales overall
> are actually Linux based, and yourself and your deluded cousin Will
> are looking ever more like the habitual trolling liars you really are.

Not so good with numbers are you? 1.99% is not a **growth rate** -- it's
just a static share. Make that a **declining** share, if you want to be
precise -- Liuux usage dropped 0.01% from August to September.

So yes -- hardware sales continue to grow, but Linux usage is declining
relative to other operating systems.

> I have probably contributed to the IE6 statistic, by setting the browser
> ID to MS IE 6 in Konqueror, so that I can access the odd site that says
> it "require's" IE - funny, that those sites work fine with Konqueror.
> It would also be possible for Microsoft to skew the OS stats by setting
> the default reported OS in IE7 to "Vista", regardless of which OS its
> installed on. w3counter is contentious at best AFAIC.

You're just getting loonier and loonier, aren't you?

>> Oh, but wait...Can you please launch one of your famous rants of yours
>> punctuated with juvenile expressions like "****tard" and "****wit"? It's
>> really hilarious when you make such a fool of yourself.
>>
>>> Until you do that I'll regard you as nothing more than a braindead
>>> bullet-in-the-head ****tard, who like your cousin impossible is
>>> simply not interested in knowing the truth of the matter, and only
>>> interested in trolling to satisfy the agenda of ****wits like that
>>> piece of human-trash at Microsoft NZ, Chris Liddell.
>>>
>>> Linux is a freedom from ****wits like you, who would have all the
>>> computing world wrapped up in a lovely little controlled parcel
>>> with a Microsoft badge on the front. I have exercised my right to
>>> choose, by using openSUSE. Lying, smearing, trolling pieces of
>>> human trash like you are only interested in forcing people like
>>> me to "conform" to Microsofts alleged "standards". I refuse to
>>> conform to a path not of my own choosing, so **** off.

>> Thanks, Chris. Thatw as way cool!

> Kind regards,
>
> Chris Wilkinson, Edinburgh.

Will Spencer

On Sat, 11 Oct 2008 12:07:34 +0100, Chris Wilkinson wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> Will Spencer wrote:
>> "Linux use growing"
>>
>> How many decades have they been saying that now? I guess the growth rate
>> must be 0.00000001% or some ****. Lol.

> Instead of guessing why don't you cite some reference to backup your
> baseless and puerile allegation?
>
> Until you do that I'll regard you as nothing more than a braindead
> bullet-in-the-head ****tard, who like your cousin impossible is
> simply not interested in knowing the truth of the matter, and only
> interested in trolling to satisfy the agenda of ****wits like that
> piece of human-trash at Microsoft NZ, Chris Liddell.
>
> Linux is a freedom from ****wits like you, who would have all the
> computing world wrapped up in a lovely little controlled parcel
> with a Microsoft badge on the front. I have exercised my right to
> choose, by using openSUSE. Lying, smearing, trolling pieces of
> human trash like you are only interested in forcing people like
> me to "conform" to Microsofts alleged "standards". I refuse to
> conform to a path not of my own choosing, so **** off.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Chris Wilkinson, Edinburgh.

Why are you angry with me? We should be angry with you. We've been waiting
for a decade and a half for you "freedom fighters" to save the world from
Microsoft. I think where you went wrong is that you got conned into using
by far the WORST Open Source OS of the 90's as your frontline of attack -
"Linux", when there were superior alternatives. Oh well, too late now. You
guys blew it! So **** you wanker, because of your ineptitude I gotta start
saving for Dimdows 7.

-ws

Lawrence D'Oliveiro

In message <1sye9xxzjaf2d$.ru5nih27icy4$(E-Mail Removed)>, Will Spencer
wrote:

> I think where you went wrong is that you got conned into using
> by far the WORST Open Source OS of the 90's as your frontline of attack -
> "Linux", when there were superior alternatives.

What "superior alternatives"?

wrote:

> So **** you wanker, because of your ineptitude I gotta start
> saving for Dimdows 7.

That time of the Vista again, is it?

Bruce Sinclair

In article <48ed8b75$(E-Mail Removed)>, thingy <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
(snip)

>> How do they distinguish different machines behind a NAT firewall, or behind
>> a proxy server?

>Not really up on it, I think there is a query on what browser in order
>for the web server to determine how to display, you can even forge it if
>you want to.

... and you used to have to fib and say 'I'm IE' to get some web sites to
work at all. Interestingly, if you told the truth, the sites were often
broken. Lying fixed them. Some might suspect a conspiracy. Personally I
suspect simple evil business practices along the lines of radio stations
running competitions when it's ratings time.

Bruce Sinclair

In article <BO%Hk.24470$(E-Mail Removed)2>, Chris Wilkinson <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>Hi there,
>
>Will Spencer wrote:
>> "Linux use growing"
>>
>> How many decades have they been saying that now? I guess the growth rate
>> must be 0.00000001% or some ****. Lol.

>Instead of guessing why don't you cite some reference to backup your
>baseless and puerile allegation?

Roger is like that.