Velocity Reviews > General Discussion > The Lounge > XML Coding Questions

XML Coding Questions

XMPComputers XMPComputers is offline
Junior Member

Let me start first by saying this is the first time I've ever asked a question on any forum. So I hope I get a response soon.

Here's what I need. We have a website that has tons of reports that it processes for websites. Webpage stats etc. What I need to do is pull that data and then pretty it up to send to a customer. But I need this to all be automatically done. Now I've got some coding experience with VB and C++ but I think this calls for XML. However while on the website we use (urchin) the reports it generates are done with java. It's still displayed in a HTML file but i think the back end is all java. WHAT SHOULD I DO?

torontolife torontolife is offline
Member

if it's already displayed as HTML, I think it would be simple to cache those html files somewhere and just e-mail a link to the customer?

jbuyers jbuyers is offline
Member

Are you using Awstats?

You'll benefit from some PHP in there