Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Reading .xlsx

Reading .xlsx

mavrick_101

Hi,

I have a web page, where users can upload excel sheet and the page will then
process the data (take data and insert into the table).

Its a simple excel sheet and not fancy stuff.

Can any one point me to a tutorial where I can learn how to open and read
the .xlsx files?

Thnx in advance.

Alexey Smirnov

On Oct 8, 7:12*pm, mavrick_101 <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a web page, where users can upload excel sheet and the page will then
> process the data (take data and insert into the table).
>
> Its a simple excel sheet and not fancy stuff.
>
> Can any one point me to a tutorial where I can learn how to open and read
> the .xlsx files?
>
> Thnx in advance.

http://www.dotnetcurry.com/ShowArticle.aspx?ID=138

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)

In addition to the advice from Mark and Alexy, you can also get to the data
in another way. I am not recommending this route, as I think it is a waste
of time, but it would be one helluva learning exercise:

..xslx is a zip file If you want proof, copy an .xslx file and change the
extension to .zip. Then double click. See, I told you.

This means you can use a compression library and open the .xslx file. You
can then get at the actual data file(s) which are located at:

{filename}.xlsx\xl\worksheets

They are .xml files. For info on the schemas for Office 2007, start here:

The easier way is to follow the advice already given.

--
Gregory A. Beamer
MVP, MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

Subscribe to my blog