Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Service Pack 3 Problems

Service Pack 3 Problems

John R

I have just downloaded Windows XP SP3 on my laptop. Now the wireless lan
keeps connecting and disconecting to my Belkin Wireless hub. It remains
connected for about 2 seconds the disconnected for about 5 seconds. any
suggestions?

smlunatick

On Oct 7, 1:52*pm, John R <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I have just downloaded Windows XP SP3 on my laptop. Now the wireless lan
> keeps connecting and disconecting to my Belkin Wireless hub. It remains
> connected for about 2 seconds the disconnected for about 5 seconds. any
> suggestions?

Which wireless management controls are you using: Wireless Zero
Configuration or the laptop's wireless controls?

John R

I'm using XP Wireles Zero Configuration
"smlunatick" wrote:

> On Oct 7, 1:52 pm, John R <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> > I have just downloaded Windows XP SP3 on my laptop. Now the wireless lan
> > keeps connecting and disconecting to my Belkin Wireless hub. It remains
> > connected for about 2 seconds the disconnected for about 5 seconds. any
> > suggestions?

> Which wireless management controls are you using: Wireless Zero
> Configuration or the laptop's wireless controls?

Robert L. \(MS-MVP\)

We have seen more and more cases like this one. Try to install the latest
driver first. This post may help.

USB Wireless not working after XP SP3 download
http://www.chicagotech.net/netforums...pic.php?t=4995

If that doesn't work, try to reset wireless security. This post may help
too.

WPC54C wireless doesn't work after installing XP sp3
http://www.chicagotech.net/netforums...pic.php?t=4996

--
Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
http://www.ChicagoTech.net
"John R" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have just downloaded Windows XP SP3 on my laptop. Now the wireless lan
> keeps connecting and disconecting to my Belkin Wireless hub. It remains
> connected for about 2 seconds the disconnected for about 5 seconds. any
> suggestions?

John R

Roberts suggestion worked. I installed an Edimax driver to suit my PCMCIA
card and the problem went away. Previously I was using the MS software and
did not have a specific driver installed.

"Robert L. (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> We have seen more and more cases like this one. Try to install the latest
> driver first. This post may help.
>
> USB Wireless not working after XP SP3 download
> http://www.chicagotech.net/netforums...pic.php?t=4995
>
> If that doesn't work, try to reset wireless security. This post may help
> too.
>
> WPC54C wireless doesn't work after installing XP sp3
> http://www.chicagotech.net/netforums...pic.php?t=4996
>
> --
> Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
> http://www.ChicagoTech.net
> http://www.HowToNetworking.com
> "John R" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >I have just downloaded Windows XP SP3 on my laptop. Now the wireless lan
> > keeps connecting and disconecting to my Belkin Wireless hub. It remains
> > connected for about 2 seconds the disconnected for about 5 seconds. any
> > suggestions?

Robert L. \(MS-MVP\)

Thank you for the feedback.