Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Re: background image in a cell

Re: background image in a cell

dorayme

<http://dorayme.890m.com/alt/bgInCell.html>

--
dorayme

dorayme

In article <Xns9B3191B82770Bammammatatiscalineti@194.177.97.9 6>,
Ammammata <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> dorayme <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:doraymeRidThis-
> http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed):
>
> > <http://dorayme.890m.com/alt/bgInCell.html>
> >

> well, this works but it applies on the whole table; I've another one with
> more than one cell so I'll apply Ben C tip
>
> thankyou

The tips are not that different. The background is on the cell, not the
table. You can confine to a particular cell by either inline style on
the cell or by classing the cell and having the bg styling in a separate
style sheet or in a set of style instructions in the head. You might one
day want the same bg in a few different cells... easier to class them
than to style each, especially as you might find you need other styles
to pertaining to this sort of thing...

BTW, p in mine (that I recall) was not so relevant, I used it because
you had one I think and also as a convenient way to prop the cell open
to a set px dimension for the example only.

--
dorayme