Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Video on website

Video on website

Hrodgar Bernstroem

I have seen a video on a website without a background and it starts by
entering.
(http://www.flvhosting.com/) I find it very interesting to use the technique
for a website of mine, but I don't know how they have created it. Any ideas?

cwdjrxyz

On Oct 7, 2:14*am, "Hrodgar Bernstroem" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I have seen a video on a website without a background and it starts by
> entering.
> (http://www.flvhosting.com/) I find it very interesting to use the technique
> for a website of mine, but I don't know how they have created it. Any ideas?

The type of video used is flv/swf. I was able to grab the flv of the
lady in the video and it is the lady on what appears to be a pure
black background. I would guess that they are using something to make
the black background color transparent, much as one can do with a gif.
Keeping the placement of the video always at the same position when
you scroll down the page seems to be done with javascript. However
some of the code on the page is written in server side php, so I can
not be sure what they are doing because the php can not be viewed on a
browser. Another interesting thing is that if you go back to the page
a second time, the video does not appear. However if you clear your
cookies, the video will appear when you return again. This likely was
done to keep from annoying people so much once they have heard the
message from the lady in the video one time. .

Jani

On 7 Okt., 09:14, "Hrodgar Bernstroem" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I have seen a video on a website without a background and it starts by
> entering.
> (http://www.flvhosting.com/) I find it very interesting to use the technique
> for a website of mine, but I don't know how they have created it. Any ideas?

I did not continue to watch that video because Google Chrome warned me
that this webpage contains malware in some way because it includes
elements from flvmediaserver.com.

For more details visit:

http://safebrowsing.clients.google.c...lechrome&hl=en

(or alternativly enter tinyurl dot com slash 4kvejd in
your browser)

PS: As far as I have seen Adobe Flash 8 includes some facilities to
work with video streaming from your server. You may find the another
answer there. Could it help to search for the keyword "transparent"?

setting up website inside a website sck10 ASP .Net 1 04-13-2006 09:18 PM
Website on a website. Shawn ASP .Net 3 01-15-2006 04:58 AM
deploying website or copying website? Flip ASP .Net 1 11-22-2005 06:25 PM
Update website via website? Adrian Wood HTML 13 02-25-2004 11:32 PM

Advertisments