Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Favorite Python System Administration Examples

Favorite Python System Administration Examples

Steve Holden

I'm giving a talk at LISA this year, and while the slides are ready I
would like to go armed with as many examples of good system
administration code as possible.

If you have a favorite administration tool that you wouldn't mind me
using I'd love to know about it. Feel free to email me personally or
submit via the list.

regards
Steve
--
Steve Holden +1 571 484 6266 +1 800 494 3119

Casey

On Oct 6, 3:05*pm, Steve Holden <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I'm giving a talk at LISA this year, and while the slides are ready I
> would like to go armed with as many examples of good system
> administration code as possible.
>
> If you have a favorite administration tool that you wouldn't mind me
> using I'd love to know about it. Feel free to email me personally or
> submit via the list.
>
> regards
> *Steve
> --
> Steve Holden * * * *+1 571 484 6266 * +1 800 494 3119
> Holden Web LLC * * * * * * *http://www.holdenweb.com/

You might look at the presentation (and code samples) David M. Beazley
gave at PyCon focusing on using Python generators to automate sysadm
tasks. http://www.dabeaz.com/generators/index.html

Mike Driscoll

On Oct 6, 2:05*pm, Steve Holden <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I'm giving a talk at LISA this year, and while the slides are ready I
> would like to go armed with as many examples of good system
> administration code as possible.
>
> If you have a favorite administration tool that you wouldn't mind me
> using I'd love to know about it. Feel free to email me personally or
> submit via the list.
>
> regards
> *Steve
> --
> Steve Holden * * * *+1 571 484 6266 * +1 800 494 3119
> Holden Web LLC * * * * * * *http://www.holdenweb.com/

There's lots of good stuff on Tim Golden's site (for Windows) that
I've used and modified the past couple of years:

http://timgolden.me.uk/python/

Mike