Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Help(urgent) needed for the Framework 3.5 and machine.config.

Help(urgent) needed for the Framework 3.5 and machine.config.

rKrishna2k6@gmail.com

We used to run our application on framework 1.1 and upgraded to 3.5
recently(I understood 2.0 and 3.5 are same except for the few add In
s)

Our Prod environment is on Win 2003 & IIS 6.0 and server(s) is built
with 4 CPUs & 4GB RAM.

Based on Microsoft thread pool recommendations we have the following
Machine.config entries..

<processModel
enable="true"
timeout="Infinite"
idleTimeout="Infinite"
shutdownTimeout="0:00:05"
requestLimit="Infinite"
requestQueueLimit="5000"
restartQueueLimit="10"
memoryLimit="60"
webGarden="false"
cpuMask="0xffffffff"
userName="XXXX"
password="XXXXX"
logLevel="Errors"
clientConnectedCheck="0:00:05"
comAuthenticationLevel="Connect"
comImpersonationLevel="Impersonate"
responseDeadlockInterval="00:03:00"
maxWorkerThreads="100"
maxIoThreads="100"
/>

<httpRuntime
executionTimeout="90"
maxRequestLength="4096"
useFullyQualifiedRedirectUrl="false"
minFreeThreads="352"
minLocalRequestFreeThreads="4"
appRequestQueueLimit="100"
enableVersionHeader="true"
/>

<connectionManagement>
<add address="*"
maxconnection="48"
/>

But with framework upgrade I couldnt see anyof these entries in
machine.config.
Can I add all of the above in the framework 3.5 machine.config file???

httpRuntime node is not even present in latest machine.config, my
question is can I add it under system.web element???

Thanks in advance.

bruce barker

a general cleanup of machine.config was done in framework 2.0. to make its
smaller, all default values were removed, and are documented in
machine.config.comments. also machine.confifg was broken into serveral files.
there is now a web.config.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

"(E-Mail Removed)" wrote:

> We used to run our application on framework 1.1 and upgraded to 3.5
> recently(I understood 2.0 and 3.5 are same except for the few add In
> s)
>
> Our Prod environment is on Win 2003 & IIS 6.0 and server(s) is built
> with 4 CPUs & 4GB RAM.
>
> Based on Microsoft thread pool recommendations we have the following
> Machine.config entries..
>
> <processModel
> enable="true"
> timeout="Infinite"
> idleTimeout="Infinite"
> shutdownTimeout="0:00:05"
> requestLimit="Infinite"
> requestQueueLimit="5000"
> restartQueueLimit="10"
> memoryLimit="60"
> webGarden="false"
> cpuMask="0xffffffff"
> userName="XXXX"
> password="XXXXX"
> logLevel="Errors"
> clientConnectedCheck="0:00:05"
> comAuthenticationLevel="Connect"
> comImpersonationLevel="Impersonate"
> responseDeadlockInterval="00:03:00"
> maxWorkerThreads="100"
> maxIoThreads="100"
> />
>
> <httpRuntime
> executionTimeout="90"
> maxRequestLength="4096"
> useFullyQualifiedRedirectUrl="false"
> minFreeThreads="352"
> minLocalRequestFreeThreads="4"
> appRequestQueueLimit="100"
> enableVersionHeader="true"
> />
>
> <connectionManagement>
> <add address="*"
> maxconnection="48"
> />
>
> But with framework upgrade I couldnt see anyof these entries in
> machine.config.
> Can I add all of the above in the framework 3.5 machine.config file???
>
> httpRuntime node is not even present in latest machine.config, my
> question is can I add it under system.web element???
>
> Thanks in advance.

rKrishna2k6@gmail.com

Thanks for the reply.

Information you provided explains about ProcessModel element default
values.
Please tell me can I include missing httpRuntime and
connectionManagement Nodes in the new machine.config file with the
suggested(microsoft thread pool settings) values??