Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > How to direct specific internet sites to wireless and wiredconnections

How to direct specific internet sites to wireless and wiredconnections

ezjlxp

on my laptop, I am connected to a wired and wireless connection at the
same time. The wired connection is a different network than the
wireless connection. I need to use the wired connection for corporate
email (Outlook), and corporate sites. However, due to limitations of
the wired network (filtering certain websites, and streaming
technologies), there are some websites I need to load using the
wireless connection (which has no restrictions). Most websites I can
use the wired connection for, and there is only a handful of sites
that I would need to use the wireless.

Is there a way to specify the URL or IP of a website so that it would
use my wireless connection as opposed to the default wired connection?

I need to do this locally on my laptop as I don't have access to the
routers, etc.

I'm not sure if this is the most appropriate group to post this
question. If there is a better group to post to, please let me know
and I'll attempt there.

Thanks!

Jared

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Hi
Drag links from the Wire and Wireless connectors in the Control
Panel/Network Properties Windows to you Desktop (or Quick Launch).
When you want to use the One connection right click on the Icon and disable
the other.
Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)

"ezjlxp" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> on my laptop, I am connected to a wired and wireless connection at the
> same time. The wired connection is a different network than the
> wireless connection. I need to use the wired connection for corporate
> email (Outlook), and corporate sites. However, due to limitations of
> the wired network (filtering certain websites, and streaming
> technologies), there are some websites I need to load using the
> wireless connection (which has no restrictions). Most websites I can
> use the wired connection for, and there is only a handful of sites
> that I would need to use the wireless.
>
> Is there a way to specify the URL or IP of a website so that it would
> use my wireless connection as opposed to the default wired connection?
>
> I need to do this locally on my laptop as I don't have access to the
> routers, etc.
>
> I'm not sure if this is the most appropriate group to post this
> question. If there is a better group to post to, please let me know
> and I'll attempt there.
>
> Thanks!
>

> Jared

ezjlxp

On Oct 6, 11:39*am, "Jack \(MVP-Networking\)."
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hi
> Drag links from the Wire and Wireless connectors in the Control
> Panel/Network Properties Windows to you Desktop (or Quick Launch).
> When you want to use the One connection right click on the Icon and disable
> the other.
> Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)

That's essentially what I'm doing now...but I would like to be able to
use both connections simultaneously. Is that possible?

Amongst other things, I have probably 18+ hours of webinars, etc, that
I need to watch and can only access them on the wireless network, but
still need to have access to my email and other corporate sites on the
wired network at the same time.

Is there a way to route a specific URL or IP address to use one
network/gateway, without disabling the other network adapter?