Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Re: It just wonąt die: Windows XP gets another six months

Re: It just wonąt die: Windows XP gets another six months

Mike Dee

On Sun, 05 Oct 2008 18:34:15 +1300, thingy wrote:

> It's not called ME2 for nothing...but it will be like XP, couple of
> years and it will stabilise....

Don't you mean, in a couple of years it will die, and become a
(bad)memory/legend/joke like Windows ME (Millennium Edition)?

--
dee

Geopelia

"Mike Dee" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed) id...
> On Sun, 05 Oct 2008 18:34:15 +1300, thingy wrote:
>
>> It's not called ME2 for nothing...but it will be like XP, couple of
>> years and it will stabilise....

> Don't you mean, in a couple of years it will die, and become a
> (bad)memory/legend/joke like Windows ME (Millennium Edition)?
>
> --
> dee

I started with Windows ME. Is this Vista just an improved ME?

The computer man says stay with XP.

Geopelia

Lawrence D'Oliveiro

In message <gccogc$96t$(E-Mail Removed)>, Geopelia wrote:

> I started with Windows ME. Is this Vista just an improved ME?

You could say that. I couldn't possibly comment.

~misfit~

Somewhere on teh intarwebs "Geopelia" typed:
> "Mike Dee" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news(E-Mail Removed) id...
>> On Sun, 05 Oct 2008 18:34:15 +1300, thingy wrote:
>>
>>> It's not called ME2 for nothing...but it will be like XP, couple of
>>> years and it will stabilise....

>> Don't you mean, in a couple of years it will die, and become a
>> (bad)memory/legend/joke like Windows ME (Millennium Edition)?
>>

> I started with Windows ME. Is this Vista just an improved ME?

No. However, Windows ME was pretty-much the worst version of Windows yet so
when people say that Vista is Windows ME-2 they're saying that it's rubbish.

> The computer man says stay with XP.

On this one I'd have to agree with "The computer man" Geo.
--
Shaun.

me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate...

Bruce Sinclair

In article <gccogc$96t$(E-Mail Removed)>, "Geopelia" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
(snip)
>I started with Windows ME. Is this Vista just an improved ME?
>
>The computer man says stay with XP.

Always listen to the computer guy ... particularly those that you agree
with.

Geopelia

"Bruce Sinclair" <(E-Mail Removed) > wrote
in message news:gce5h4$boo$(E-Mail Removed)...
> In article <gccogc$96t$(E-Mail Removed)>, "Geopelia"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> (snip)
>>I started with Windows ME. Is this Vista just an improved ME?
>>
>>The computer man says stay with XP.

> Always listen to the computer guy ... particularly those that you agree
> with.

He knows his stuff and explains it very well.

That clueless lot that made such a mess of things seem to have gone. The
shop wasn't there last time I went past.
Now I wonder why?

Bruce Sinclair

In article <gcekhu$ue6$(E-Mail Removed)>, "Geopelia" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"Bruce Sinclair" <(E-Mail Removed) > wrote
>in message news:gce5h4$boo$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> In article <gccogc$96t$(E-Mail Removed)>, "Geopelia"
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> (snip)
>>>I started with Windows ME. Is this Vista just an improved ME?
>>>
>>>The computer man says stay with XP.

>> Always listen to the computer guy ... particularly those that you agree
>> with.
>>

>He knows his stuff and explains it very well.
>
>That clueless lot that made such a mess of things seem to have gone. The
>shop wasn't there last time I went past.
>Now I wonder why?

Good to know the market sometimes works as it should.