Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Wireless netwok icon

Wireless netwok icon

Caroline

I have an acer 5570 laptop. I am no longer able to see any wireless
connections/networks. When I select internet connections in the contral
panel, the wirless connection does not show at all. Help! What hve I
done?When I used to start up the wireless networks were shown on he task bar
also.Now, nothing.Any suggestions?

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Hi
It could be that the Wireless card is physically switched Off, or something
happened to its drivers.
Follow the process in this page it should help you to find the trouble.
http://www.ezlan.net/wireless/html

Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)
"Caroline" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have an acer 5570 laptop. I am no longer able to see any wireless
> connections/networks. When I select internet connections in the contral
> panel, the wirless connection does not show at all. Help! What hve I
> done?When I used to start up the wireless networks were shown on he task
> bar
> also.Now, nothing.Any suggestions?

Caroline

Thank you Jack, but the link doesn't work. Any suggestions?

"Jack (MVP-Networking)." wrote:

> Hi
> It could be that the Wireless card is physically switched Off, or something
> happened to its drivers.
> Follow the process in this page it should help you to find the trouble.
> http://www.ezlan.net/wireless/html
>
> Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)
> "Caroline" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >I have an acer 5570 laptop. I am no longer able to see any wireless
> > connections/networks. When I select internet connections in the contral
> > panel, the wirless connection does not show at all. Help! What hve I
> > done?When I used to start up the wireless networks were shown on he task
> > bar
> > also.Now, nothing.Any suggestions?

nass

"Caroline" wrote:

> I have an acer 5570 laptop. I am no longer able to see any wireless
> connections/networks. When I select internet connections in the contral
> panel, the wirless connection does not show at all. Help! What hve I
> done?When I used to start up the wireless networks were shown on he task bar
> also.Now, nothing.Any suggestions?

But do you have Internet Connection and are you able to access the Web?

Click Start >> Control Panel >> Network Connections, on the Wireless
Right Click and select properties.
On the Wireless Network Co properties under General make sure these two
check boxes are checked:
[ ] Show icon in Notification area when connected.
[ ] Notify me when this connection has limited or no connectivity.
Click [Apply] the [OK]

Right click Start Button and select properties.
On the Taskbar and start menu click on Taskbar tab then click on Customize
opposite :
[ ] Hide inactive icons.
here make sure the Wireless Icon option set for always Show.
HTH,
nass
---
http://www.nasstec.co.uk

Caroline

Thanks Nass, But that isn't the problem. The wireless network icon is not
visible in the internet connections either. I am connected to the net, but
cannot see anything anywhere about the wireless networks

"nass" wrote:

> "Caroline" wrote:
>
> > I have an acer 5570 laptop. I am no longer able to see any wireless
> > connections/networks. When I select internet connections in the contral
> > panel, the wirless connection does not show at all. Help! What hve I
> > done?When I used to start up the wireless networks were shown on he task bar
> > also.Now, nothing.Any suggestions?

> But do you have Internet Connection and are you able to access the Web?
>
> Click Start >> Control Panel >> Network Connections, on the Wireless
> Right Click and select properties.
> On the Wireless Network Co properties under General make sure these two
> check boxes are checked:
> [ ] Show icon in Notification area when connected.
> [ ] Notify me when this connection has limited or no connectivity.
> Click [Apply] the [OK]
>
> Right click Start Button and select properties.
> On the Taskbar and start menu click on Taskbar tab then click on Customize
> opposite :
> [ ] Hide inactive icons.
> here make sure the Wireless Icon option set for always Show.
> HTH,
> nass
> ---
> http://www.nasstec.co.uk

nass

What about going to Device manager and select your wireless Adapter there.

Do you have another account you can log with and see if the issue will occur
with this account?

How to Identify a Damaged User Profile and Create a New Profile
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/811151

What about if you switched the Wireless OFF and ON from the Switch on the
Laptop, does it appear?.

I would like to say Remove the Wireles adapter in Device manager then
restart the Laptop and windows will install it for you.

"Caroline" wrote:

> Thanks Nass, But that isn't the problem. The wireless network icon is not
> visible in the internet connections either. I am connected to the net, but
> cannot see anything anywhere about the wireless networks
>
> "nass" wrote:
>

> > "Caroline" wrote:
> >
> > > I have an acer 5570 laptop. I am no longer able to see any wireless
> > > connections/networks. When I select internet connections in the contral
> > > panel, the wirless connection does not show at all. Help! What hve I
> > > done?When I used to start up the wireless networks were shown on he task bar
> > > also.Now, nothing.Any suggestions?

> > But do you have Internet Connection and are you able to access the Web?
> >
> > Click Start >> Control Panel >> Network Connections, on the Wireless
> > Right Click and select properties.
> > On the Wireless Network Co properties under General make sure these two
> > check boxes are checked:
> > [ ] Show icon in Notification area when connected.
> > [ ] Notify me when this connection has limited or no connectivity.
> > Click [Apply] the [OK]
> >
> > Right click Start Button and select properties.
> > On the Taskbar and start menu click on Taskbar tab then click on Customize
> > opposite :
> > [ ] Hide inactive icons.
> > here make sure the Wireless Icon option set for always Show.
> > HTH,
> > nass
> > ---
> > http://www.nasstec.co.uk

Caroline

O.K. I guess the I have a major problem! Nothing shows in the device manager
either, time to bring the laptop to the pros,,,,,,I guess.

"nass" wrote:

> What about going to Device manager and select your wireless Adapter there.
>
> Do you have another account you can log with and see if the issue will occur
> with this account?
>
> How to Identify a Damaged User Profile and Create a New Profile
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/811151
>
> What about if you switched the Wireless OFF and ON from the Switch on the
> Laptop, does it appear?.
>
> I would like to say Remove the Wireles adapter in Device manager then
> restart the Laptop and windows will install it for you.
>

> "Caroline" wrote:
>
> > Thanks Nass, But that isn't the problem. The wireless network icon is not
> > visible in the internet connections either. I am connected to the net, but
> > cannot see anything anywhere about the wireless networks

> > > But do you have Internet Connection and are you able to access the Web?
> > >
> > > Click Start >> Control Panel >> Network Connections, on the Wireless
> > > Right Click and select properties.
> > > On the Wireless Network Co properties under General make sure these two
> > > check boxes are checked:
> > > [ ] Show icon in Notification area when connected.
> > > [ ] Notify me when this connection has limited or no connectivity.
> > > Click [Apply] the [OK]
> > >
> > > Right click Start Button and select properties.
> > > On the Taskbar and start menu click on Taskbar tab then click on Customize
> > > opposite :
> > > [ ] Hide inactive icons.
> > > here make sure the Wireless Icon option set for always Show.
> > > HTH,
> > > nass
> > > ---
> > > http://www.nasstec.co.uk

nass

I'm afraid yes but did you tried to create a new Profile per the instruction
on the link I posted?

Or System Restore to before this happen.

"Caroline" wrote:

> O.K. I guess the I have a major problem! Nothing shows in the device manager
> either, time to bring the laptop to the pros,,,,,,I guess.
>
> "nass" wrote:
>

> > What about going to Device manager and select your wireless Adapter there.
> >
> > Do you have another account you can log with and see if the issue will occur
> > with this account?
> >
> > How to Identify a Damaged User Profile and Create a New Profile
> > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/811151
> >
> > What about if you switched the Wireless OFF and ON from the Switch on the
> > Laptop, does it appear?.
> >
> > I would like to say Remove the Wireles adapter in Device manager then
> > restart the Laptop and windows will install it for you.
> >

> > "Caroline" wrote:
> >
> > > Thanks Nass, But that isn't the problem. The wireless network icon is not
> > > visible in the internet connections either. I am connected to the net, but
> > > cannot see anything anywhere about the wireless networks

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Hi
Sorry, there is a typo in the link, this is working,