Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Framework 1.1 upgrade and ISAPI Filter Change Not Working

Framework 1.1 upgrade and ISAPI Filter Change Not Working

Jeremy

Hi there,

We recently upgraded to the 1.1 framework, and of course,
all of our 1.0 asp.net apps starting using the 1.1
framework, which we didn't want to happen.

I found an MS article saying if you modify the ISAPI
filter setting in IIS for the site to point to the 1.0
aspnet_filter.dll, your app will then use the 1.0
framework.

(see http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?
url=/library/en-us/dnnetdep/html/sidexsidenet.asp,
the "configuring web apps" section)

However, after I do this it still continues to use the
1.1 framework, it doesn't seem to care what is set in the
ISAPI filter tab of IIS.

My workaround is to go into IIS admin, to the "home
Directory" tab and then click on "configuration".

On the "App Mappings" tab I set everything that is
pointing to asp_isapi.dll for 1.1 to the 1.0 version of
it, and after that everything seems to work fine.

Anyone have any idea why the isapi mapping isn't making
my web app use the 1.0 framework? Everything I've seen
in documentation says this should do the trick. It would
be a real pain to have to change everything in the "app
mappings" tab for all the sites I want to use the 1.0
framework.

Thanks

jeremy

Thanks Mark, that was just the kind of info I was looking
for.

and 1.1"

>http://www.asp.net/faq/SideBySide.aspx
>
>I have read it and it seems to address some of these

issues.

>HTH.
>
>--Mark
>

>"Jeremy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:0d1401c36e45$8ea62dc0$(E-Mail Removed)...
>Hi there,
>
>We recently upgraded to the 1.1 framework, and of course,
>all of our 1.0 asp.net apps starting using the 1.1
>framework, which we didn't want to happen.
>
>I found an MS article saying if you modify the ISAPI
>filter setting in IIS for the site to point to the 1.0
>aspnet_filter.dll, your app will then use the 1.0
>framework.
>
>(see http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?
>url=/library/en-us/dnnetdep/html/sidexsidenet.asp,
>the "configuring web apps" section)
>

>However, after I do this it still continues to use the
>1.1 framework, it doesn't seem to care what is set in the
>ISAPI filter tab of IIS.
>
>My workaround is to go into IIS admin, to the "home
>Directory" tab and then click on "configuration".
>
>On the "App Mappings" tab I set everything that is
>pointing to asp_isapi.dll for 1.1 to the 1.0 version of
>it, and after that everything seems to work fine.
>

>Anyone have any idea why the isapi mapping isn't making
>my web app use the 1.0 framework? Everything I've seen
>in documentation says this should do the trick. It would
>be a real pain to have to change everything in the "app
>mappings" tab for all the sites I want to use the 1.0
>framework.
>
>Thanks
>

>.

ISAPI filter and directory browsing Dmitry Duginov ASP .Net 2 02-28-2005 02:34 AM
ISAPI Filter and sessions Aintzane C++ 1 11-15-2004 03:41 PM
Using ISAPI filter with .net for URL Rewriting Jon Maz ASP .Net 2 09-30-2004 02:04 PM
How do use change the default http handler in ASP,NET similar to ISAPI filter ? Anonieko Ramos ASP .Net 0 05-12-2004 11:18 AM
ASP.NET and custom ISAPI filter authentication Michael Shutt ASP .Net 0 06-26-2003 02:31 PM

Advertisments