Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Where does MySpace save audio files on your computer and what typeare they?

Where does MySpace save audio files on your computer and what typeare they?

James

They must be stored somewhere since they're clearly downloaded given
the data transfer activitythat stops at a certain point.

I've tried searching various ways - by size, date, also not finding
them searching for mp3. Are they another file type?

Any assistance will be appreciated.

James

On Oct 2, 2:23*pm, Chris Whealy <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> James wrote:
> > They must be stored somewhere since they're clearly downloaded given
> > the data transfer activitythat stops at a certain point.

> > I've tried searching various ways - by size, date, also not finding
> > them searching for mp3. Are they another file type?

> They'll be in your browser's cache, and if that's Internet Explorer,
> then the directory will typically be something C:\Documents and
> Settings\<Your User Name>\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files. *
> Don't count on the files being easily identifiable though.
>
> If the web page uses a plug-in such as Media Player to play the sound
> file, then the cached files will probably be in a directory named
> something like this C:\Documents and Settings\<Your User Name>\Local
> Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Media Player

That was the the first place I looked in addition to using the search
function. Nowhere to be found. Looked in each place by details/file
size. Nothing.

Stacey Chuffo

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> They must be stored somewhere since they're clearly downloaded given
> the data transfer activitythat stops at a certain point.

Since Myspace is accessed with a web browser I would assume it would be in
the browser's cache usually called "Temporary Internet files."

> I've tried searching various ways - by size, date, also not finding
> them searching for mp3. Are they another file type?

They are .swf files which are Flash files and the audio is based on MP3. I
once dragged a SWF file into Winamp many years ago and listened to the
audio.

> Any assistance will be appreciated.

If you want to steal music it would be easier to walk into a store, put the
CD in your jacket and run out.

James

On Oct 2, 4:46*pm, "Stacey Chuffo" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

> Since Myspace is accessed with a web browser I would assume it would be in
> the browser's cache usually called "Temporary Internet files."
>
> > I've tried searching various ways - by size, date, also not finding
> > them searching for mp3. Are they another file type?

> They are .swf files which are Flash files and the audio is based on MP3. I
> once dragged a SWF file into Winamp many years ago and listened to the
> audio.
>
> > Any assistance will be appreciated.

> If you want to steal music it would be easier to walk into a store, put the
> CD in your jacket and run out.

Thanks for the info and the assumption that you know what my
motivation is.

wrote:

> They are .swf files which are Flash files and the audio is based on MP3. I
> once dragged a SWF file into Winamp many years ago and listened to the
> audio.

Not finding it as a .swf flash file either. Is there such a thing as
an audio only .swf file?

If it wasn't clear, I'm talking about audio only.

chuckcar

"Stacey Chuffo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:gc3bvt$uoq$(E-Mail Removed):

> "James" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> They must be stored somewhere since they're clearly downloaded given
>> the data transfer activitythat stops at a certain point.
>>

> Since Myspace is accessed with a web browser I would assume it would be
> in the browser's cache usually called "Temporary Internet files."
>
>> I've tried searching various ways - by size, date, also not finding
>> them searching for mp3. Are they another file type?
>>

> They are .swf files which are Flash files and the audio is based on MP3.
> I once dragged a SWF file into Winamp many years ago and listened to the
> audio.
>
>> Any assistance will be appreciated.

> If you want to steal music it would be easier to walk into a store, put
> the CD in your jacket and run out.

How exactly is it stealing if the files are *already* on his computer?

--
(setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

Wog George

"Scott Freeman" <x@Y,z> wrote in message
news:48e58651$(E-Mail Removed)-privat.org...
> "James" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> On Oct 2, 4:46 pm, "Stacey Chuffo" <(E-Mail Removed)>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> They are .swf files which are Flash files and the audio is based on MP3.
>>> once dragged a SWF file into Winamp many years ago and listened to the
>>> audio.

>> Not finding it as a .swf flash file either. Is there such a thing as
>> an audio only .swf file?
>>
>> If it wasn't clear, I'm talking about audio only.

> <guilty of illegal cross-posting>

Which law has been violated?

--
George
"I got such a raging clue that I almost shot clue goo all over Joe." - Frank

Plato

James wrote:

Try clearing your internet cache, and see what files are saved, most
likely, it wont be a standard file type.

> They must be stored somewhere since they're clearly downloaded given
> the data transfer activitythat stops at a certain point.
>
> I've tried searching various ways - by size, date, also not finding
> them searching for mp3. Are they another file type?
>
> Any assistance will be appreciated.

--
http://www.bootdisk.com/

Wog George

"rickymix" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

[Snipped context restored]

>>><guilty of illegal cross-posting>
>>>

>> Which law has been violated?

> Copyright Infringement.

As we're talking about "illegal cross-posting", which of the groups on the
subject line have had their copyright infringed due to the cross-post?

--
George
"We don't want to jump to conclusions but we're worried that maybe someone

RD Jones

On Oct 2, 8:51 pm, James <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Oct 2, 4:46 pm, "Stacey Chuffo" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
> > They are .swf files which are Flash files and the audio is based on MP3. I
> > once dragged a SWF file into Winamp many years ago and listened to the
> > audio.

> Not finding it as a .swf flash file either. Is there such a thing as
> an audio only .swf file?
>
> If it wasn't clear, I'm talking about audio only.

Yes, and if you do find it as an swf file it can be extracted
and converted to mp3 with a simple utility such as swf2mp3.

rd

<cross-posting removed>