Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > No connection with XP on Mac

No connection with XP on Mac

leftdimple

I hope someone can help me out.

I recently uploaded Windows XP SP2 onto my Mac via Bootcamp. The trouble I
am having is connecting to my wireless at home while in Windows. I have no
problem connecting at my office or elsewhere, only at home. I have no
problem connecting through Mac OS X at home.

I have internet service with Comcast.

I hope someone can help because I really need to access IE2.

Disclaimer: I'm not technically savvy

Terry

Hi

I'm a Mac user and, by necessity, a Windows user. Not familiar with
Bootcamp but I guess its like Virtual PC in the old days - creating a windows
environment on Mac. I've had a similar problem recently with Virtual PC
creating an XP environment on Vista. XP Service Pack 3 - a free download
from the Microsoft site - introduced wireless connectibility for XP users,
but it won't help you unless Bootcamp has a virtual wireless connection.
Have a look at the network options on Bootcamp to see if it has. If it
hasn't check on the publishers site to see if there is an update to the
software. If there is a virtual wireless option in the software it will only
work if your Mac is logged on because the virtual connection will need to
piggyback on the actual connection. Hope that's helpful.
--
Terry

"leftdimple" wrote:

> I hope someone can help me out.
>
> I recently uploaded Windows XP SP2 onto my Mac via Bootcamp. The trouble I
> am having is connecting to my wireless at home while in Windows. I have no
> problem connecting at my office or elsewhere, only at home. I have no
> problem connecting through Mac OS X at home.
>
> I have internet service with Comcast.
>
> I hope someone can help because I really need to access IE2.
>
> Disclaimer: I'm not technically savvy

Barb Bowman

1. what happens when you try to connect? is there an error message?
2. what router are you connecting to??? what security are you using?

On Thu, 2 Oct 2008 08:55:01 -0700, leftdimple
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I hope someone can help me out.
>
>I recently uploaded Windows XP SP2 onto my Mac via Bootcamp. The trouble I
>am having is connecting to my wireless at home while in Windows. I have no
>problem connecting at my office or elsewhere, only at home. I have no
>problem connecting through Mac OS X at home.
>
>I have internet service with Comcast.
>
>I hope someone can help because I really need to access IE2.
>
>Disclaimer: I'm not technically savvy

--

Barb Bowman
MS-MVP