Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Access to network through physical interface

Access to network through physical interface

Bryan

Hello all,

I have a Cisco 6500 I'm using to manage my internet feed and VLANs. I
have a publicly routable class C subnet, and I have my internet feed
terminating at interface 1/1 on the switch and a .254 address for my
class C assigned on that interface.

I have a client connected to interface 2/8 that I would like to assign
a publicly routable address to (current IOS doesn't do NAT traversal
and my client needs to use IPSec). Is there a way I can configure the
switch such that interface 2/8 has access to the network coming in on
interface 1/1? I tried creating a VLAN, granting both interface 1/1
and 2/8 access to the VLAN, and creating a virtual interface on the
VLAN configured the same way the physical interface 1/1 was
configured, but unfortunately this didn't quite work for me because my
physical interface 1/1 is doing 'IP NAT outside' and this didn't seem
to fly when I did it on the virtual interface (my NATted networks on
other VLANs no longer had access to the internet).

Please help! Let me know if I need to clarify anything.

--
Thanks!
Bryan