Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Database GUI generation from schema

Database GUI generation from schema

Eric Wertman

Sorry if this is misplaced, but I could have sworn I saw a link on
this list to a package that would auto-generate data entry type forms
from a database schema, similar to django's auto-admin interface.
Does anyone recall a package like that? I did some searching, but
I've only found documentation describing such a system in the generic.

Thanks!

Eric

Bruno Desthuilliers

Eric Wertman a écrit :
> Sorry if this is misplaced, but I could have sworn I saw a link on
> this list to a package that would auto-generate data entry type forms
> from a database schema, similar to django's auto-admin interface.
> Does anyone recall a package like that? I did some searching, but
> I've only found documentation describing such a system in the generic.

Perhaps are you talking about dabo ?
http://www.dabodev.com

Eric Wertman

> Perhaps are you talking about dabo ?
> http://www.dabodev.com

Yes, that was it. Thanks! I was a little dissapointed to see that
the wikipedia entry for that software was deleted. Is dabo not widely
used?

Peter Decker

On Thu, Oct 2, 2008 at 11:24 AM, Eric Wertman <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> Perhaps are you talking about dabo ?
>> http://www.dabodev.com

> Yes, that was it. Thanks! I was a little dissapointed to see that
> the wikipedia entry for that software was deleted. Is dabo not widely
> used?

Depends on your definition of 'widely'.

I know that there are several hundred subscribers to the dabo-users
list. Perhaps if you asked there you might get a better idea of just
how many people use Dabo.

I'm curious about the Wikipedia entry. I read the deletion page
arguments, but I don't know enough about how the editors decide these
things to comment. I wonder what it would take to get it restored?

-- p.d.