Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Re: Site map?

Re: Site map?

rf

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> In article <48e49c69$0$201$(E-Mail Removed)4all.nl>,
> Irina Rempt <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> dorayme wrote:
>>
>> Well, yes, I realise that now (as I said, I was beset by teenagers).

> Yes you did say, teenagers! I am working on a special device to keep
> them under control but I am planning to market it so I can't give
> details publicly at this stage.

Buy them a cat.

http://www.bigfivesafaris.co.za/images/Male_lion.jpg

Irina Rempt

rf wrote:

> Buy them a cat.
>
> http://www.bigfivesafaris.co.za/images/Male_lion.jpg

Er, what do I feed it when it's finished with them? Won't it eat more than
three teenagers do together?

Irina

--
"Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth
should that mean that it is not real?" --Albus Dumbledore

Irina Rempt

Bergamot wrote:

> Irina Rempt wrote:
>>
>> I've been looking at Google (Atomz won't let me look
>> without signing up) and I'd rather have a search function all my own that
>> doesn't put ads on my site

> http://www.phpdig.net/

Required login before I can read anything; FAQ doesn't respond usefully to
any of my queries; forums are full of pharmacy spam. No, thanks.

Irina

--
"Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth
should that mean that it is not real?" --Albus Dumbledore
http://www.valdyas.org/foundobjects/index.cgi Latest: 01-Oct-2008

Neredbojias

On 02 Oct 2008, Irina Rempt <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I know that I'm probably too stubborn about this, but I intend to
> hold out against advertising as long as I can.

Hah! - I don't even watch TV because of advertising, meaning none,
zero, zilch, bupkis, nada absolutely. And speaking of TV, those who
are perturbed by the Microsoft "monopoly" should turn their eyes to
those extant monopolies the U.S. government has handed the cable
companies on a silver platter. Never has so much crap been issued so
brazenly by someone so facetious (-except possibly for social
security.)

--
Neredbojias
http://www.neredbojias.org/

rf

"Irina Rempt" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:48e4b4d0$0$195$(E-Mail Removed)4all.nl...
> rf wrote:
>
>> Buy them a cat.
>>
>> http://www.bigfivesafaris.co.za/images/Male_lion.jpg

> Er, what do I feed it when it's finished with them? Won't it eat more than
> three teenagers do together?

Pesky neighbours?

dorayme?

Bergamot

Irina Rempt wrote:
> Bergamot wrote:
>
>> http://www.phpdig.net/

> Required login before I can read anything;

Not for me. Yes, there is a login at the top of some pages, but you
aren't required to log in.

> FAQ doesn't respond usefully to
> any of my queries;

I just went to the documentation page.

> forums are full of pharmacy spam. No, thanks.

You're right about that. It looks like it isn't being maintained any
more. Too bad, it was a nice script. I'm sure there are others out
there, though. Should be some at script collections like hotscripts.com
or resourceindex.com.

--
Berg

Irina Rempt

Neredbojias wrote:

> On 02 Oct 2008, Irina Rempt <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> I know that I'm probably too stubborn about this, but I intend to
>> hold out against advertising as long as I can.

> Hah! - I don't even watch TV because of advertising, meaning none,
> zero, zilch, bupkis, nada absolutely.

When our TV broke nobody missed it so we haven't had one for, count on
fingers, seven years now. We occasionally turn on the set in a holiday
house, notice that it's full of noise and inanities, and turn it off again.
(Yes, that includes the teenagers, and it's the programs as much as the

> And speaking of TV, those who
> are perturbed by the Microsoft "monopoly" should turn their eyes to
> those extant monopolies the U.S. government has handed the cable
> companies on a silver platter. Never has so much crap been issued so
> brazenly by someone so facetious (-except possibly for social
> security.)

Which makes me, once again, exceedingly glad that I'm not in the US.

Irina

--

Guy Macon <http://www.GuyMacon.com/> wrote:

> If you are wary of signing up, I suggest getting a servive
> (I like tuffmail) that allows you to use a new email address
> for every site and to delete addresses that start getting spam.

Oh, it's not that, I have junk addresses for signing up; it's just that I
don't want to enter if they have the shutters down, so to speak.

Irina

--
"Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth
should that mean that it is not real?" --Albus Dumbledore
http://www.valdyas.org/foundobjects/index.cgi Latest: 01-Oct-2008

dorayme

In article <48e4b4d0$0$195$(E-Mail Removed)4all.nl>,
Irina Rempt <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> rf wrote:
>
> > Buy them a cat.
> >
> > http://www.bigfivesafaris.co.za/images/Male_lion.jpg

> Er, what do I feed it when it's finished with them? Won't it eat more than
> three teenagers do together?

After it has eaten your three teenagers, it can go for a week or two
without being too dangerous and in that time you can arrange the start
of an endless supply of more teenagers...

--
dorayme

Neredbojias

On 02 Oct 2008, Irina Rempt <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>>> I know that I'm probably too stubborn about this, but I intend to
>>> hold out against advertising as long as I can.

>> Hah! - I don't even watch TV because of advertising, meaning none,
>> zero, zilch, bupkis, nada absolutely.

> When our TV broke nobody missed it so we haven't had one for, count
> on fingers, seven years now. We occasionally turn on the set in a
> holiday house, notice that it's full of noise and inanities, and turn
> it off again. (Yes, that includes the teenagers, and it's the
> programs as much as the ads.)

A close match to my feelings, indeed. One may occasionally find a few
worthwhile things on TV but the overwhelming hype and the (at least
cable) price make looking rather undesirable.

>> And speaking of TV, those who
>> are perturbed by the Microsoft "monopoly" should turn their eyes to
>> those extant monopolies the U.S. government has handed the cable
>> companies on a silver platter. Never has so much crap been issued
>> so brazenly by someone so facetious (-except possibly for social
>> security.)

> Which makes me, once again, exceedingly glad that I'm not in the US.

All countries have problems and overall I really like the US for many
reasons. However, I do think the majority of people who live here are
very, very stupid and dangerous in the sense of screwing things up for
everybody, including themselves.

--
Neredbojias
http://www.neredbojias.org/